You might be in for a tough tournament if . . .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
You also might find there's not as much separation as you think. It's been amusing sharing with our team how we have fared against some of the girls who are committing to P5 schools right now, especially the pitchers.

we did see a pitcher committed to a low, low D1 school (A10), and she was middle of the road for what we saw this summer.....interesting to hear someone say that carries over to the upper echelon as well

Jan 25, 2022
….your DD’s head coach is coaching 3B in flip-flops.
First game I ever coached, which was essentially rec/camp, I forgot my cleats. Coached in flip-flops. With my lack of experience and only basic knowledge from playing baseball until 15, I had already expected to do at least half a dozen stupid things, and that one wasn't gonna help.

May 13, 2023
First game I ever coached, which was essentially rec/camp, I forgot my cleats. Coached in flip-flops. With my lack of experience and only basic knowledge from playing baseball until 15, I had already expected to do at least half a dozen stupid things, and that one wasn't gonna help.
That kind of honesty is refreshing!

There are certainly other people who are assuming the coaching title who think they know what they're doing without having any self-awareness to recognize what you have shared. Thank you for getting out on the field and helping!

May 27, 2013

Our HC was wearing them and then got into a long, drawn-out argument with the umpire about why he was not allowed to coach 3B. It really set the tone for the day.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Might have given you a little credibility if you had a "come to Jesus" post-game meeting.

Jan 25, 2022
Our HC was wearing them and then got into a long, drawn-out argument with the umpire about why he was not allowed to coach 3B. It really set the tone for the day.

I've seen a couple coaches banished to the dugout for wearing jeans. A couple years ago our HS coach was busted for jeans, then the female assistant was banished because her leggings didn't have pockets. That one is a little ridiculous.

Meanwhile, I could wear camo cargo shorts free and clear.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414