Xeno vs. LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2015
Xeno states extreme power, maximum pop. LXT states ultimate balance maximum pop. I know that one is 2-piece the other is 3-piece.

Is the Xeno better since its extreme power? Was looking at both of these bats not sure which one to consider. What are benefits of each bat?

Dec 19, 2012
The only difference between the two bats is the way the barrel and handle are connected. The LXT is designed so the handle and barrel never touch. It is a 3 piece design that eliminates sting and vibration to the hands. The Xeno is a 2 piece design and handle and barrel are directly connected which gives the hitter more feedback in their hands. Both bats are made of the same material, have the same end cap, have the same internal technology, and are balanced. The preference between which bat to purchase depends on what the hitter wants. Do they want feedback from the bat or not? My dd's college uses LS bats. My dd decided on the Xeno.

Dec 11, 2010
They swing a little different. Both are considered balanced but the LXT is very balanced, the Xeno is slightly end loaded. Both are great bats, try to swing each to decide.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would recommend letting her hit both to see what she thinks. My experience has been batters who swing away prefer the Xeno while slappers prefer the LXT.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2013
Mass
My DD hated her Xeno, loves her friends LXT. Lefty who makes contact and hits it right up the middle. She is queen of the 1B, and master of the bunt :)

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
As stated above, try them both out. My DD was a Xeno lover until this years models came out. She preferred the LXT+ over the Xeno + this year.Now what to do with the 2 2015 Xeno's in her bag.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
On average, the Xeno weighs about an ounce over label, where the LXT is on point or slightly less. My daughter swings a 33/24 LXT and a 33/23 Xeno and they are almost identical in weight. The Xeno feels more "solid" when hit, the LXT seems to have more give to it but they are comparable distance-wise.

They are about equal in terms of pop. However, you have to keep in mind that a Xeno is usually going to outweigh a similarly-sized LXT by about an ounce, or so.

The balance point is indeed different on the two bats with the Xeno holding that little bit of extra weight ever-so-slightly more toward the barrel while the LXT feels really balanced.

I have noticed that the with the 2016 models the perceived weight difference between the two is negligible. With the 2014 and 2015 models, you could pick up the same size Xeno and LXT and swing them both and the LXT definitely felt quite a bit lighter. Now, the 2016s seem to have more of just a balance difference than a weight difference (perceived, anyway) even thought the Xenos are still a wee bit heavier.

I'd disagree that the LXT has more "give" than the Xeno. The LXT has a very stiff connection.

I do agree that the Xeno gives the hitter more feedback but it is also very easy on the hands and none of my girls have complained of sting at all with the 2015 or 2016. Super-smooth ride just like its more expensive sister, the LXT.

Slappers around here tend to use DeMarini bats, in my experience.

The power hitters on my team liked the 2014 LXT, then really took to the 2015 Xeno and now are moving back to the LXT with the 2016 "plus" model. I really have no idea why when most of them are reaching equal exit speeds with both. Maybe it's because the LXT doesn't feel "lighter" anymore?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Xeno states extreme power, maximum pop. LXT states ultimate balance maximum pop. I know that one is 2-piece the other is 3-piece.

Is the Xeno better since its extreme power? Was looking at both of these bats not sure which one to consider. What are benefits of each bat?

Gotta love the marketing department - LOL.

You really can't go wrong with either. It's a matter of personal preference for feel.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Is Extreme better than Maximum or the other way around? :)

Just something LS uses in their description of the bat is all. I have seen many power hitters use the LXT as
well as the Xeno. Its all about feel and what she prefers. Like some have said, the LXT will run about a half ounce
over or closer and feel VERY balanced while the Xeno will be half to an ounce over and will have the slightest
feel of a little end in it.

I agree with LAS...the LXT connection was designed to be stiff while still eliminating vibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32