Wrists? Bat drag? Understanding a high end swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
damn....that was like an 8 hour Thanksgiving day love fest huh?

DODL-if you want to take a little unsolicited advice, don't get drawn into these marathon circle jerks with FFS, he loves that crap or he wouldn't do it so often and no one wants to watch 8 pages of this type of back and forth BS. I have been guilty in the past of falling for it, but I find just calling out the BS, maybe responding to the inevitable douchy response and then moving on saves a lot of thread pollution but still lets you make your points and call BS when appropriate. just sayin....

I do hope both of you had a chance to sit down with your loved ones and enjoy some turkey with all that stuffing you posted....rock on....

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You didn't "simply" state you weren't interested in my help FFS. You took 9 pages for you to get to that simple statement. The last sentence of my original post quite is the following:

I explained my approach of scanning posts for content and finding the content of your posts lacking in terms of my interest level. Also explained the content I generally scan for ... ... ... and your posts were largely absent of that content.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
So, was this just a single instance of misspeaking or were you in fact lying? People can use help to solve problems that you claim to have the answers to. Perhaps you do. Perhaps not. The bottom line, though, is you decided to do 9 pages of this.....instead of helping NV and all others who are plagued with bat drag.

This is mildly amusing. You seemed interesting in spewing garbage for 9 pages. I repeatedly nudged you towards the topic of 'bat drag'. You weren't interested ..... you were busy spewing away ... and now you whine about the lack of content on 'bat drag'. Pretty comical from my standpoint.

Aug 26, 2015
This is mildly amusing. You seemed interesting in spewing garbage for 9 pages. I repeatedly nudged you towards the topic of 'bat drag'. You weren't interested ..... you were busy spewing away ... and now you whine about the lack of content on 'bat drag'. Pretty comical from my standpoint.
Simple question. 9 pages to answer it. You determine it is spewing garbage. Typical narcissism. Continue documenting. Your nudges don't change reality. You only control your own keyboard. Yet the reality of the facts that you lied while accusing me of doing so slips by you. Reading is fundamental.

Aug 26, 2015

DODL-if you want to take a little unsolicited advice, don't get drawn into these marathon circle jerks with FFS, he loves that crap or he wouldn't do it so often and no one wants to watch 8 pages of this type of back and forth BS. I have been guilty in the past of falling for it, but I find just calling out the BS, maybe responding to the inevitable douchy response and then moving on saves a lot of thread pollution but still lets you make your points and call BS when appropriate. just sayin....

I do hope both of you had a chance to sit down with your loved ones and enjoy some turkey with all that stuffing you posted....rock on....

Thanks for the advice. This is a pretty straightforward documentation of his narcissism. I won't continue this in other threads. No need. Just want this to be as thorough as possible. It makes it quite easy to do so because he just can't help it. The narcissism compels him to prove himself. So, when I type FFS being FFS, it can be pointed back to the documentation.

I enjoyed some turkey, but really enjoyed stuffing my face with an obscene amount of sweets. Thanks for asking.

May 8, 2015

This here^^ Is the most useful post in the last 9 pages:)

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mann, when you perform the deltoid drill, isn't the barrel maintained against your deltoid? If so, how does that "help the hands"?

I ask, because when I've seen folks using the deltoid drill it is usually to temporarily take the hands out of the picture and place a concentration on using the lower body. Sounds like your usage is different.

Deltoid type drills can be used for many different area mechanics. YES on the body mechanics, Yes on loaded hands, Yes on release and torque.

And you know i can misuse many drills.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Simple question. 9 pages to answer it. You determine it is spewing garbage. Typical narcissism. Continue documenting. Your nudges don't change reality. You only control your own keyboard. Yet the reality of the facts that you lied while accusing me of doing so slips by you. Reading is fundamental.

Yes, you were spewing ... and continue to document your spewing ways.

I have less time to engage your pollution of threads today.

Good luck making posts in which you feel you're always make a positive contribution. That's quite a fantasy world you live in.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Deltoid type drills can be used for many different area mechanics. YES on the body mechanics, Yes on loaded hands, Yes on release and torque.

And you know i can misuse many drills.

Okay, that got me to smile.

If the deltoid drill helps you work the mechanics of the hands with your hitters then that's all that matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi