Worst Non Softball Sport for Softball Players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
What would be the worst non softball sport (in school or out) for softball players? From a point of over use and general health

Feb 13, 2021
MI
Soccer.....any time you are looking for an answer to a 'worst sport' question soccer is always the answer.

But seriously, if you are talking about from an over-use or general health viewpoint, I don't think there is any sport that would be bad. There are sports with a higher chance of general injury, but something due to over-use? Unless your DD has a repetitive use injury to begin with, I can't think of anything that stands out from putting stress on the same joints/ligaments as softball does except perhaps baseball. The one exception would be if she is a C and needs to give her knees a break, then perhaps VB?

IMHO, a second sport is nearly always better than out of season sport-specific training if over-use is the issue you are trying to avoid.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Soccer.....any time you are looking for an answer to a 'worst sport' question soccer is always the answer.

But seriously, if you are talking about from an over-use or general health viewpoint, I don't think there is any sport that would be bad. There are sports with a higher chance of general injury, but something due to over-use? Unless your DD has a repetitive use injury to begin with, I can't think of anything that stands out from putting stress on the same joints/ligaments as softball does except perhaps baseball. The one exception would be if she is a C and needs to give her knees a break, then perhaps VB?

IMHO, a second sport is nearly always better than out of season sport-specific training if over-use is the issue you are trying to avoid.
Volleyball can be bad on the shoulders as well. For DD is was more basketball. Girls basketball up through MS is basically the WWE without an actual cage match.

Jun 8, 2016
After tic tic I would say hoop definitely..

Of course my kid plays nearly as much competitive hoop as she does softball so that probably makes me a hypocrite and an idiot...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi