Worst Non Softball Sport for Softball Players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2020
Volleyball can be bad on the shoulders as well. For DD is was more basketball. Girls basketball up through MS is basically the WWE without an actual cage match.
Not if she’s under 5’5, then she’s probably not a front row player. Just playing defense and passing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Not if she’s under 5’5, then she’s probably not a front row player. Just playing defense and passing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

DD at 5'3" was a libero and she was beat up at the end of the season from hitting the floor so much. Defense can be brutal as well but it definitely is better than being a front row player shoulder wise.

Jul 16, 2020
DD at 5'3" was a libero and she was beat up at the end of the season from hitting the floor so much. Defense can be brutal as well but it definitely is better than being a front row player shoulder wise.

In the long run I’m sure it made her he** on wheels defensively when her season started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 2, 2019
Tennis - DD started out with tennis very young and gave it up for softball. It's been YEARS and she still drops the head on her bat a bit as if it were a tennis racquet. It also is where she picked up her tendency toward tendonitis.
Exact Same scenario for my daughter but she still plays tennis as a primary sport. She would love to play on softball or volleyball travel teams but there isn’t enough time

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
In the long run I’m sure it made her he** on wheels defensively when her season started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was good for her and I honestly enjoyed volleyball because of the fast action. Playing volleyball, basketball, and softball was tough on her physically. She was in great shape but beat up constantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi