Wilson A2000 V125 12.5" Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2011
the wilson is a great glove,made just for a girls hand,i bought my daugther 2 and she will only use 1 of them,the other i have for sale was used for 1 year of jr high and some summer ball about 35 games,if interested i am selling it for $80 and you pay the shippingt.lat me know,steve

Feb 27, 2011
SC
I bought the A2K wilson, its a 2 tone glove, 12 1/2". uses highest quality leather , well built, solid and sturdy, seams to have a deeper pocket for fastpitch, with catches in pocket it stings a little ( my experience) . But very stiff, still trying to break it in for DD with a little glove oil. Any recommendations on break in would be appreciated

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I bought the A2K wilson, its a 2 tone glove, 12 1/2". uses highest quality leather , well built, solid and sturdy, seams to have a deeper pocket for fastpitch, with catches in pocket it stings a little ( my experience) . But very stiff, still trying to break it in for DD with a little glove oil. Any recommendations on break in would be appreciated

I use the "Hot Glove" heat treatment on all gloves. Its a foam (probably just barbasol but I don't know that for sure) you apply and then pop the glove in the oven for a few minutes. Work the glove, and repeat. You can get a glove broken in, in one evening. I have done several gloves this way.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I only play catch with mine. If necessary, you can go to a softball facility and catch balls off of a machine. Also, I have a softball that is stuck onto a 1 inch dowel rod and I use that, to beat the pocket. There is a guy in slow pitch that sells them.

It is good to keep a softball in the pocket all of the time, too. And then, tie the glove closed.

Jul 26, 2010
Break in depends on the position the player will be using the glove for. Outfielders like a deep pocket. Infielders tend to like a very stiff glove that's difficult to close, with the thumb and pinky bowed outwards to provide maximum "stopping" surface. Pitchers tend to like really floppy gloves, no idea why, probably from horribad PC's telling them to beat themselves with it on the thigh.

-W

Feb 27, 2011
SC
Looking for some feedback on the Wilson A2000 gloves
Thanks to all for advice on glove break in. will continue slow and steady, and will try the hot glove/oven treatment if we get frustrated.

Jul 26, 2010
My daughter has an A2000, the closed pocket model for pitchers. It is a tough glove to break in, but it is worth the time. Don't use a hot glove/oven treatment. This will dry out the leather and shorten the life of the glove and laces. Bring it to a quality pro-shop with a glove steamer if you really get frustrated. A good steaming and proper mallet treatment are the best methods to breaking the glove in quickly. Again, I'm not sure what position the glove is for so methods will vary.

This is a pretty decent video on how to break in a glove quickly:

-W

Feb 17, 2011
Do not heat the glove. Breaks them in fast and breaks them down faster. Light oiling in the crease, always leave a ball in the pocket witha rubberband to form it well. We use a spintrainer to help beat the pocket into shape. DD pitches and plays infield so the breakin is done with the pinkie and thumb matching flat on the ends when closed so the fingers will set flat on the ground for a grounder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877