Wilson Glove Bonanza

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
ALL OEM LACE SUCKS!! Even on customs, and exclusives!

The best lace I’ve ever got on a brand new glove was on one of the GW x Dan Davis SMU’s. The glove came to Dan first and he laced it up before he shipped it to me. That lace is what lace on a $300+ Rawlings, Wilson, or Mizuno should be!!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
ALL OEM LACE SUCKS!! Even on customs, and exclusives!

The best lace I’ve ever got on a brand new glove was on one of the GW x Dan Davis SMU’s. The glove came to Dan first and he laced it up before he shipped it to me. That lace is what lace on a $300+ Rawlings, Wilson, or Mizuno should be!!
I would agree. After I had my daughter's Nokona relaced by AZ Glove Lab, I was amazed at the difference in thickness and quality.

Nov 3, 2022
I agree the stock Wilson lace is not as good as the stock Rawlings lace. but I prefer the Wilson models in any case.. my DD had the A2000 Sierra Romero, which is exactly the same as the DW5 and now has a custom A2000 H12, which I think is nicer than DW5 (Sierra Rom) - think the pocket is deeper, the web a little more secure for SB. It's a great infielder's glove. the 12 inch is nice, especially in an A2000, which I think runs 1/4 in smaller than HoH/PP.

that sale is great, btw, bought an A2K BB catcher's mitt yesterday 40 off.

Nov 3, 2022
The gloves on sale are hideous. Who comes up with the color combinations? Now if you could buy the custom colors at 40% off I'd be in for at least a few.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
i think they are *starting* to scale back the white/rose gold, going more traditional colors, but will take a while. for baseball, they're going the other way, crazy color combos/patterns, not my cup o joe

Nov 18, 2015
Picked up the Juan Soto A2K for myself (I still try to play baseball when tournaments don't interfere - so yeah, like 3x per year!), and one of the aforementioned "odd" color combo on a 1786 (with bright green lettering) for my daughter. She's been playing more 3B, and she feels her 12.25 MA (Monica Abbot) A2000 is too big for the IF. I'm now concerned about going that small, given this thread that discussed the difference b/w the 1786 and 1787 (11.75"). Worst case I guess I re-sell it for the purchase price and go for a custom.

At least I talked her out of the red Ozzie Albies model. Color is fine. But as a Mets fan, I don't want to inadvertently cheer if she makes an error while using it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles