Wilson Glove Bonanza

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2021
Ha, no argument there. Wilson has some really fugly gloves, especially in FP. Haven't seen Rawlings at these prices in recent memory.

Jul 23, 2023
Interesting timing. In the market for a new glove for a second year 12u player. Primary pitcher, middle infield, dabbles in OF. How would one of these A2000's compare to a custom Gloveworks? Timing would be to have it ready for spring, so some end of fall practices, winter trainings, and pitcher workouts.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Interesting timing. In the market for a new glove for a second year 12u player. Primary pitcher, middle infield, dabbles in OF. How would one of these A2000's compare to a custom Gloveworks? Timing would be to have it ready for spring, so some end of fall practices, winter trainings, and pitcher workouts.
It's a today-only sale, so you must jump on it immediately. A2000s are very popular gloves, but it won't be custom. That's the main difference. Oh, and the sale prices are really quite cheap.

Aug 15, 2021
I was hoping to get a great deal on a catcher glove as my DD has worked me out of my current glove. However I only saw one FP and one BB catchers glove on sale and only have right handed options. Too bad :cry:

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I can't really help you with your question, this answer is just for me personally.....

Unless I could get a 12" DW5 or 1795, or a 12.25" 1781 in either Saddle Tan or Orange Tan with split welting, which ain't gonna happen, I'd get a custom GW built to my specs!

So, I'd say Gloveworks!

Dec 19, 2021
DD got an A2000 end of Feb last year. Took about a month of catch and hand-work/mallet for it to be usable in games, but another month+ of HS games and practices before it really started working the way it should. No conditioner or anything.

If the budget supports a Gloveworks, that's a great option if you can get the hand size that your DD wants. The A2000 works great though. The lace is really disappointing. Fairly supple but skinny. Compared it to the skivved lace I have from buyfastpitchgloves and the skivved lace looks more robust. The unskivved lace is no comparison. The buyfastpitch stuff is way better. Still, the Wilson is better than the lace on DD2's LXT, which was just as skinny but dry and crunchy like burnt toast. Where do these companies get their tiny little palm lace? It looks like it's for doll shoes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles