Who's Right?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
Elbow up. Elbow down, squish the bug, don't squish the bug, move body with the swing, move body towards end of swing, stand up straight, lean into plate.... Oh my goodness.. we have been told 3 different ways DD should bat in 3 weeks. Where do I draw the line? It is staring to get very confusing...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Apply the Hanson Principle ...

The Hanson Principle:
"Always compare what anybody tells you about the swing to slow motion clips of the best hitters in the world."

-- Mark Hanson

Oct 25, 2009
Elbow up. Elbow down, squish the bug, don't squish the bug, move body with the swing, move body towards end of swing, stand up straight, lean into plate.... Oh my goodness.. we have been told 3 different ways DD should bat in 3 weeks. Where do I draw the line? It is staring to get very confusing...

You've been a member on here long enough to know some of those answers. Follow the advice on here and she will do fine.

BUT ... don't be THAT parent.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Yup, a girl that used to be on my TB team always batted .350ish or better. Varsity Coaches got ahold of her last year batted .125 this year .036 on Varsity. Poor kid called me about mid season and asked to help her. I got to the field and the Varsity Coach was working with her to keep her bat level, shoulders level, wrap the bat around the head. I just left because I didn't want to put more pressure on her.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Not much you can do with a player that insists on swinging with level shoulders. If a player comes to me with that mechanic, and insists on keeping it, then I direct them elsewhere. Often I find that it is the parent that is doing the insisting of such a mechanic ... and given some communication they can often be convinced otherwise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma