Who's Right?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
I do not coach or work with her on her hitting. I tell her relax and have fun. Just stand and swing however the coach at that time tells her to keep out of trouble. Therefore nothing is misinterpreted.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Not much you can do with a player that insists on swinging with level shoulders. If a player comes to me with that mechanic, and insists on keeping it, then I direct them elsewhere. Often I find that it is the parent that is doing the insisting of such a mechanic ... and given some communication they can often be convinced otherwise.

Its really not her, or the parents, but the player is trying to please the Coaches which has led to complete failure. I know I have had run ins with this Coach on batting and in fact tried to corner me in front of the TB team to which I disagreed with him, thats why I just left.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Its really not her, or the parents, but the player is trying to please the Coaches which has led to complete failure. I know I have had run ins with this Coach on batting and in fact tried to corner me in front of the TB team to which I disagreed with him, thats why I just left.

How can he corner you with a "level shoulders" approach? Not sure why he'd do that in front of a TB team ... seems to me he'd end up embarrassed and feeling foolish. You should have stuck around and had some fun.

Oct 25, 2009
Amen Brutha..... only person besides my DD's hittting coach that will tamper with her swing is her college coach when she goes to college......

Yeah, I've seen a few of them. Unfortunately, some of them have it wrong. But they are untouchable. Hopefully, they'll get a compatible college coach. Good news is: not all college coaches have the same hitting philosophy.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
How can he corner you with a "level shoulders" approach? Not sure why he'd do that in front of a TB team ... seems to me he'd end up embarrassed and feeling foolish. You should have stuck around and had some fun.

LOL, The Varsity Coach was also the HC of the 12U TB team and I was AC. He was "showing" the girls how to hit, he turns to me and says don't you agree? (knowing full well what I believed due to some conversations we had about hitting). I said No... then he went on about how they should listen to someone who has done it (he played mens FP) and not from someone looking at a book (Although he didn't know that I also played some mens FP). So you can see why I didn't want anything to do with them. He's a my way or the highway cranky old man.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
LOL ... you have to be describing LN. I thought he retired and gave the team to his daughter. Hey ... I like the guy ... I've had some enjoyable pitching discussions with him ... and I respect how he's developed certain pitchers ... however, hitting has never been his forte. Maybe I'm a bit old too ... because I never had an issue telling him when I didn't agree. Honestly ... the guy has some decent knowledge and experience ... that said, his attention to detail isn't in the area of hitting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1