who uses two pitcing coaches??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
I knew someone that used 3 pitching coaches. The mom's idea was the more coaches she had the better she could be.
She was also one of those mom's that said her kid had 14 pitches.

Apr 13, 2010
next question is if one coach is for mechanics and one for speed and they contradict each others teachings what to do??

Well, I can think of a few ideas:

1. Have them talk directly to each other and hash it out.
2. Talk to each of them individually about what the other coach is doing and see if they can compliment rather than contradict each other.
3. Post on here the conflict in detail and find out what everyone thinks and then advocate yourself to the coach that doesn't agree with the way you want to go.

Just some ideas. I've had this issue before and if I wasn't such an idiot conveying to the two coaches what I thought the issue/conflict was it would have been resolved in short order.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
Do people go to 2 doctors if they are being treated for a disease? (I don't mean second opinions). Going to 2 pitching coaches tells me that the person does not believe either one is good enough for their daughter. I have had people come to me for a lesson and when I did not tell them what they wanted to hear I never saw them again. (Which was good by the way). People go opinion shopping so that they can hear the most complimentary things about their offspring.

Apr 13, 2010
Do people go to 2 doctors if they are being treated for a disease? (I don't mean second opinions). Going to 2 pitching coaches tells me that the person does not believe either one is good enough for their daughter. I have had people come to me for a lesson and when I did not tell them what they wanted to hear I never saw them again. (Which was good by the way). People go opinion shopping so that they can hear the most complimentary things about their offspring.

Not everyone. Some people search for the truth, or they search for someone to believe in their kid (which was what happened to me). The folks that do that instead of opinion shop are the ones that come out on top (or that's my hope, anyway).

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I was exceptionally good at changing step style pitchers over to leap and drag. There was a couple of instructors in my area that only knew how to start a pitcher off as step style. Their students did OK until they started getting bigger /stronger/ more aggresive than their step style could contain (for lack of a better word there). They would send them to me for a few lessons and I would change them over to L&D.

Then they went back to the first instructor. Once they were throwing L&D with good and strong mechanics, the first instructor took over and did well with them.

They just did not know how to simply and quickly make that change from step to L&D.

I called it 'Coach Hal's Foundation Method' and that has been a chapter in all three of my books.

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA