who uses two pitcing coaches??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
How many pitchers out their are using more than one pitching coach, maybe for speed and one for spins or movement pitches, and maybe one for mechanics? Thanks

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
DD's current club coach is a pitching coach. DD has attended the club coach's pitching clinics (big group lessons) the past 3 years but had had her own PC since she began pitching 4 years ago.

Very unique situation.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
My dd uses 2 coaches. Coach #1 is the consistent 'mechanics coach.
DD responds well to him and has used him since she decided to be a pitcher.
At the early ages he was very cautious and protective of her mechanics
to prevent injury.

Coach #2 tweaks her CU and has her driving a bit more off the rubber as she
is a power pitcher-not a finesse pitcher. This coach teaches her how to work
with her catcher to show umpire that she has control of the zone and helps her
use the entire strikezone to her advantage. She also teaches situational pitching
to try and keep hitters guessing and off-balance the 2nd and 3rd time she faces the lineup.

It is an excellent mix for DD

Feb 19, 2009
I never have used more than one pc but I've been thinking about it recently. Not out of any dissatisfaction with the current pc, just to get a different set of eyes and perspective on both of my dd's.

The problem is finding another one within 100 miles of here that I trust.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD has a pitching coach that she has seen for the past 3 years. He is the one that got her mechanics correct and tweeks her to increase speed, spin, efficiency.

She also has a pitching coach on her Gold team that helps her (and the other pitchers on the team) with game situations, etc...

Sep 10, 2009
Houston
Daughter started out with a pitching coach that had a few assistants. There were some differences, but they typically agreed on most aspects.

Later, for a short period, we used two pitching coaches that did not agree. It was a tough decision on who to go with, but we went with the one producing the better movement pitchers and had less degree of injuries. I talked to a number of people and looked at a number of pitchers before I made the decision.

There most likely will be a point where there will be too many cooks in the kitchen.

Apr 13, 2010
Depends on what you mean by two. DD goes to a pitching coach. The gym time that is offered through the association also provides a pitching coach that is different. So, I guess you could say she has two but when there is a conflict she always reverts to her full time coach and not the one at the clinic.

Mar 11, 2009
next question is if one coach is for mechanics and one for speed and they contradict each others teachings what to do??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA