what's the RVP connection point position?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
slotting the elbow

Do you like the thought of resisting the slotting of the elbow while turning the barrel?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/17554-15yo-dd-starting-down-road-11.html#post269769

The "RVP Connection Point Position" is the position that the swing passes through with the "top hand" + "rear elbow" + "rear shoulder" all aligned with the "rear hip". You want the Power-Vee orientation of the rear arm to be 'upright'.

a1q1y0.jpg

now that I know what the RVP connection point looks like, why is it called "the connection point"

And why is it so important to get into this position?

What purpose does it serve?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
a1q1y0.jpg

This pass through position is popularly embraced by several hitting systems ... but with different names.

- The RVP system refers to it as the "Connection Point" position.

- Mankin refers to it as the "Power-V" position.

- Emanski refers to it as the "Explosion Point" position.

- HI refers to it as the "Swearing In Position".

- Yeager refers to it as "Down through the nipple".

- Tewks refers to it as the "Truth Position".

- Epstein refers to it as the "Torque Position".

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
a1q1y0.jpg

This pass through position

I like the use of the term pass through position. Thinking back to the thread SL started, if you are going to use still photos to review a swing, I think this is one of the positions you want to check. That said, I am more a fan of slow motion video, although I will stop the video in several places to check on things (this is one of those positions). Personally I like to advance and rewind in slow motion so that I can see essentially how they got there and where they are going (with the swing). I seem to remember chrispots referring to this as backwards chaining. Although I have shown the RVP CP to my daughter just for understanding (she likes to analyze things like I do), I really don't teach around it. If something doesn't look right at this position, I rewind to motion prior to determine what to work on.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
a1q1y0.jpg

This pass through position is popularly embraced by several hitting systems ... but with different names.

- The RVP system refers to it as the "Connection Point" position.

- Mankin refers to it as the "Power-V" position.

- Emanski refers to it as the "Explosion Point" position.

- HI refers to it as the "Swearing In Position".

- Yeager refers to it as "Down through the nipple".

- Tewks refers to it as the "Truth Position".

- Epstein refers to it as the "Torque Position".

Which question does this post answer?

Oct 10, 2011
slotting

resist the slotting while the pelvis starts to open...
Do you like the thought of resisting the slotting of the elbow while turning the barrel?
Didn't know where else to post that question. The elbow has to slot if you turn the barrel/ top hand swivel, etc... so resisting while the pelvis starts to open, creates the stretch and the elbow will do what it had to do because of the hands?

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Careful not to create a 2 piece swing. The pelvis starting to open doesn't mean you give up the back hip.
Didn't know where else to post that question. The elbow has to slot if you turn the barrel/ top hand swivel, etc... so resisting while the pelvis starts to open, creates the stretch and the elbow will do what it had to do because of the hands?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid