What's the first movement pitch to work on?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
BM- Going for another golden nugget :)

"This is Alicia Hollowell. She has one of the best peel drops I've ever seen in a female pitcher. If you notice, I've frozen the frame where the ball is NO LONGER in her hand. She has released it at the exact point then her thumb faced forward/down......Her I/R mechanics worked from 3:00 to release, but instead of allowing the forearm to fully pronate (face the ground) after release, she emphasizes a palm up FINISH........NOT RELEASE........Which causes I/R to shut down AT/AFTER release........Which assists her timing at release to ensure she isn't over rotating the ball early........"

Would you say that the amount of I/R used creates the main difference between an insidespin pitch compared to a peel drop is the amount of I/R which is allowed prior to release?

I feel a little foolish now as I always thought of using I/R as an all or nothing component and never viewed it as a vehicle which could be guided and/or restrained for moving the ball. Thanks for the patience. :p

Jan 30, 2010
Find 2 two pound barbell weights, 2 pieces of pvc pipe about 4 feet each from Lowes, Home Depot, etc. and elastic from Walmart. Stick the pvc pipe in the barbell holes of the weight and tie elastic around the poles about 12 inches high. Put the contraption 2 feet in front of homeplate. Go get shin guards(very important for catchers shins more than ever if that happens to be dear old dad) and have dd learn to hit the elastic with regularity. We started this about 8 months ago and now it is daughters best pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug