Whats the best Travel Tournament Vehicle ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Amazing reads in this thread! Tip of the hat to all who serve! My dad served in the Navy on the first aircraft carriers.

I drive a Tacoma Crew Cab. Have had short bed and long bed always put a shell on them so I have a place to hunker down if I need to take a nap or camp or inclement weather comes up. On occasion save some money not getting a hotel room for an overnighter.
Added fun is 4x4 which I have taken out in different states, finding locations to explore the countryside. Good stuff!

Did have Chevy and Ford trucks in the past but have found reliability with the Tacoma. 20 mpg highway. True not the best mpg as what a minivan could do,
but then again the Tacoma can do more than a minivan 😉 more of a
multi-purpose vehicle for me!
Awesome! I was just reading up on aircraft carriers built before and during WWII. I gotta visit the one in Alameda.

Re: Tacoma, been eyeing one of those for next spring. My F150 has about had it. When I can't fill the fuel tank over 1/2 full anymore because it is so rusty like the rest of the truck, it may be time. I might try to limp through another winter, or I could put a new tank and fuel pump in and just about double the truck's value.

May 13, 2023
Awesome! I was just reading up on aircraft carriers built before and during WWII. I gotta visit the one in Alameda.
👍
Re: Tacoma, been eyeing one of those for next spring. My F150 has about had it. When I can't fill the fuel tank over 1/2 full anymore because it is so rusty like the rest of the truck, it may be time. I might try to limp through another winter, or I could put a new tank and fuel pump in and just about double the truck's value.
*Tacoma. You considering current generation? I prefer the second generation. mines 2010. Five-speed automatic v6 torque everywhere! Very different Drive feel then then current generation Atkinson cycle and gearing that leaves you wanting. Lags kinda.
😏Well imo anyway..

For about 2 years (hmmm? early 2000's) Ford had an F-250 that was built with the F-150 exterior, under pinings F250 loved that truck but gas mileage was 11 MPG so didn't have it for long. Also 4x4. You know for towing when you got to go
Off-roading to go off-roading 😁
20231003_110746.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022
👍

*Tacoma. You considering current generation? I prefer the second generation. mines 2010. Five-speed automatic v6 torque everywhere! Very different Drive feel then then current generation Atkinson cycle and gearing that leaves you wanting. Lags kinda.
😏Well imo anyway..

For about 2 years (hmmm? early 2000's) Ford had an F-250 that was built with the F-150 exterior, under pinings F250 loved that truck but gas mileage was 11 MPG so didn't have it for long. Also 4x4. You know for towing when you got to go
View attachment 28869

I had an 07 Tacoma access cab for 9 years. Great truck, and I never did anything to it other than one wheel bearing and had to solder a new resistor in the time/temp display. Scared me to death on paved roads with snow thought. I put it into a bridge once in a light dusting of snow and had a few more butt pucker moments. My tundra is worlds better. Crew cab is better balanced, it has an actual metal bed, and the extra 2,000 lbs is a big help.

But have to climb a steep dirt/gravel hill? Taco all day. It's crazy how bad the gas mileage is. I used all the tricks and never got better than 19mpg.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
👍

😏Well imo anyway..

View attachment 28869
Just been eyeing, haven't done much research. What I like about the Japanese vehicles is they don't rust through in 7-8 years like all the ForDodgeChevys around here. Just simple plastic wheel well liners seem to go a long way. I just don't understand why they can't protect these $70,000-$80,000-$90,000 trucks better. It's not like salted roads is a new concept.

Apr 1, 2017
As a coach, who was carrying a lot of gear, and occasionally an extra player or two (or three, or four...), hard to beat the minivan. Tons of space, and flexibility. Decent enough gas mileage. Our minivan got us through many softball events, camping trips, road trips.

Now that coaching is done, and kids are at college, working on plan to remove the minivan from our driveway, never to be seen again......