What size and brand of Glove does your DD use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
Another 12.5 Nokona Buckaroo, but black. Plays OF. Lightweight, break-in isn't too long. Just back from Nokona for new laces for another few years of use. Not as stiff as we were told it would be after new laces.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Go more on the size of the pocket, than the size of the glove. Developing a good pocket will help you DD squeeze the glove better. Look for and expect a loop for the thumb and a loop for the little finger, inside the glove. Girls tend to want to go too small, because they think the glove should fit like, well, a glove.

When folks are looking at expensive gloves I encourage the girl to wear a batting glove or Xprotects glove, or a microfiber sponge inside the glove, to keep from ruining the part that your palm touches all of the time.

Apr 26, 2012
Boombah 1st baseman 13" LHT and Boombah OF 12.5" LHT. Loves them bith but even their game ready version needed to be broken in better.

Mar 29, 2012
DD is 12u plays 2B and uses a 12" custom glove from Diaz gloves.

z36j.png

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2008
Recommend not going above 12.5" in size, no matter what glove you get. Also, check how they measure the inches...some 12.5" are much bigger than others. Don't go above it that, though. Unnecessary and cumbersome.

Nov 27, 2010
'99 DD uses Wilson A2K 12" for P and OF and loves it (throws left, $89 on justballgloves.com a while back). She just got a Worth Liberty FPX for 1B but hasn't used it yet.

Highly recommend watching the Wilson video of Shigeaki Aso breaking in Brandon Phillips' glove. Way more "aggressive" with the glove than anything I had ever done before. It worked great on the A2K and she was playing catch with it immediately, and using it in games within a week or two. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYQ5hmuDVUY

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
DD #1 currently uses a 12.5" Rawlings that she's had for about 5 years now. It was about $50 new...but its about that time to upgrade. In the process of buying a 13" Vinci (plays at closer to a 12.5") from casedawg51. He can hook you up with a nice discounted price.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2009
Just took delivery of a Mizuno MVP Prime GMVP 1309P 13" outfielders glove for my DD who is 16YO. Very large glove although still built for the female hand. I wouldn't put this glove on a smaller or younger girl or for an infielder. This glove is available in several sizes for ages and/or positions. She is primarily a catcher but plays outfield when not behind the plate. I found this to be a really nice glove, very well constructed, buttery soft full grain leather, ultra soft deerskin palm lining, foam lining fingerstalls, closed back with Velcro strap closure, and I like the V-grove to assist in closing. I have been working it in and shaping the pocket the last few days when sitting around at night and have loosened it up quite nicely already, not worried about it getting floppy or anything like that, however we both like our gloves to be almost self closing when the ball hits the mitt which this will do in very short order. It now has a beautiful well shaped deep pocket. It is in the $100 range and can be had for less if you search for it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619