What size and brand of Glove does your DD use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
So my DD has worn her glove into retirement over 3 years. Of course if was an inexpensive Mizuno glove that as served it purpose to this point. She loves it the old things but tonight asked if I would get her a new one for the Spring. She plays 12U. So for some good reading over the weekend I am asking you all the following?

Based on your DD's position; what size and brand gloves has she used?
And what has been a nice investment for the money. I am more looking for input on fielding gloves for position player's, not so much catchers for this exercise. :(

And.....Go....

Jun 29, 2013
My 12 year old wants to play 2B, usually plays OF, and has extremely small hands for her age. She is using a 12" Easton. I wanted to go with an Akadema for her, preferably 13, but I'm not sure her hands would be big enough for anything like that.

Oct 10, 2011
glove

15 yr old 3rd baseman uses a 12.5" custom Vinci from Casedawg. She absolutely loves it.

May 31, 2012
12.5" 60$ rawlings from sports authority. P,IF,OF, she even uses it when she catches. The next glove we are gonna upgrade to the 100$ range. 11yo.

Dec 11, 2010
Elk Grove, I bought both of my dd's Akadema AJB 74's. One was a 9 year old that was big for age, one was a 13 year old who was small for her age at the time. When I bought them, both were middle infielders, my older one now plays CF mostly. Both have smallish hands. The girls both really like the gloves and they served them well.

That is a really good glove for the money and a great match for kids. Plan on some break in time. They are built for smaller/women's hands. This glove will last longer than an entry level glove but we are only getting a couple years out of them, my kids play 100 plus games per year, practice 2x per week etc. That being said, I am thinking about buying Vinci or Nokoma now that they have hands that have grown. Keep hearing how they can last many many years, like the idea of that.

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Akadema AJB-74 for my DD as well (P/2B). Great glove, nice fit for smaller hands. Listed as a 12" glove but really a little smaller than that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619