What size and brand of Glove does your DD use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2012
Is there a difference between the Wilson A2k and the Wilson A2000 lines. Reading the specs doesn't help me. thanks!

Jun 24, 2011
Is there a difference between the Wilson A2k and the Wilson A2000 lines. Reading the specs doesn't help me. thanks!

From what I've read, while both lines are top quality, the A2000 is made with a thicker and sturdier leather. Thus, the vast majority of MLB players using Wilsons wear the A2000. Along those lines, the A2K should be a bit easier to break in.

Please don't take this as the gospel truth, I'm paraphrasing a ton of info I've absorbed over the last couple of weeks. Check out the fielding gloves threads on the SoftballFans.com forum for some really in-depth/borderline obsessive discussions!

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
DD used a 14" Glovesmith at 1B. It was monstrous and she loved it. She even tried on some hockey catchers and wondered if they would be legal. We'll see how she likes her smaller college-issued mitt this spring.

Jul 11, 2010
DD is HS senior...uses 12.5" Insignia Aura (sadly discontinued model) for last couple years...always tell folks to spend extra $$ upfront for highest quality glove, break in properly (preferably without water), keep it cleaned, conditioned and relace once a year for best results.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
9yo DD uses a Mizuno 1206D (12") in the field and a Mizuno GXS101 for catcher.
15yo DD uses a 12" Easton (not sure which model). It's going to be time for a new glove for her pretty soon.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My 17 DD plays 2B and CF. For 2B she uses a 11.75" Glovesmith Custom Glove. She chose the smaller size to get the ball out of the glove quickly. For CF, she uses a 12.75" Louisville Slugger Gold Glove. She is 5'3", but has fairly large hands for her size.

This is her 3rd year with the Glovesmith. We bought the stiffer leather and broke it in by using it. The goal is to get her all the way through high school and college. The LS is 1 1/2 years' old and is holding up very well. If she's just playing catch, she uses the IF glove as that is her preferred glove.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
So we went with this. After two weeks of throwing it was a good intermediate selection. If she continues to care for this one I will invest mor on the next one for sure. She is just growing so much I worry about spending a lot on one just yet. It was $60. Wilson a600. All leather nice glove for a budget. It's a 12". image.jpg

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
02 Crush. FWIW, I just retired my Wilson A1000 after 30 years. It was a gift from my dad when I was eleven. It did sit in the closet for about 7 of those years. Other than the sweat rot in the palm it looks great on the outside with original laces. The only reason I retired it is a little brother of my DD teammate misplaced it this fall and an hour long anxiety attack until it was found was more than I could handle LOL!

Wilson has always made a quality glove and I believe your DD will be happy with her choice.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
DD just got a 12.75 Louisville Slugger Valkyrie and loves it. She pitches and plays first and third. Used two different gloves last year including a first basemans glove but she hated switching back and forth. I agree that 12.5 is big enough but we went this route so she can use the same glove at every position.

Feb 21, 2012
My Freshman DD plays both middle infield and outfield with Worth Century FPEX Series: C117X Fastpitch. Its on the smaller side of what many people on here seem to like, but she can get the ball out much faster with this glove. You don't need a big glove.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez