What is the fastest recorded (fastpitch) softball pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
I didn't get to meet Nick.I heard he is a good hitting coach.A girl from D.C. was up a couple of Tuesday ago.She was getting pitching lessons from Bill and after Nick was going to help her with her batting.Emily couldn't be there for lessons today.She had to go to Florida with her mom.Emily was not happy to miss a lesson and no one will catch her when she has to go to with her mom.oops didn't mean to hijack this thread.Sorry you all.

Apr 25, 2010
Maggie wasn't able to go today, either. We were there when that girl was up from D.C. Nick worked really well with her. It was interesting to watch.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Not to be nit picky here, but there is no way you are too young to have faced Hillhouse. You were supposedly playing in exhibitions in 1982 when Bill was all of 10 years old. He just celebrated his 40th last week. I can't speak to what Bill thinks about the pitching speed claims, but I know he thinks very highly of Eddie Feigner and will flat out tell you that Adam Folkard of Australia is the #1 pitcher in the world throwing mid/upper 80's.

Did I say "too young". I must be dreaming. And in truth age is an excuse. I don't want to face any of them.

I don't disparage Eddie. He was a showman. He would have been a great men's team pitcher in the Majors division (later Open division), but he chose a more rewarding path for him. Even being a regular player, I enjoyed him. But it was comparable to the Harlem Globetrotters. Some of those guys can do unbelievable things, though probably not in the NBA. Eddie was different though. He was a top end pitcher. As for Folkard, I know who he is. I have never seen him. Since the late '80s, I have seen 10 times the women's majors games as men's open or majors divisions games. In fact, I have only seen 3 tournaments since then, and one series. I have exponentially seen more 16U and 18U games and European girls games. I am watching the Junior Girls European Championships in Holland right now. I am out of touch but, I know who Folkard is and would agree that he is the best in the world right now from what I have seen and what I know historically in comparison. But, I haven't seen more than a few current pitchers. So it is a fairly uninformed opinion. I will take Bill's word for anything. I even stated in another thread that if I had a daughter and wanted her to be a great pitcher, I would exclude myself as coach and take her to him. I don't think you can say more than that!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Had to bring this one back up (probably should be new thread but...). Regarding female pitchers...who is the current champ of velocity? From what I could find Monica Abbot (in 2012) threw a 77mph pitch. Just watched Alabama vs Auburn and they were showing Montana Fouts repeatedly throwing at 76mph. If that is accurate I would have no trouble believing that she (and probably a few others can hit 77). Now, the question could be...just how far off is the ESPN radar gun?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877