What is the fastest recorded (fastpitch) softball pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2008
Speed goes up dramatically with the purchase of property that has a large pole barn on it and the pitcher must wear #1 at all costs!

Nov 29, 2009
:cool::rolleyes:Oh yeah, well, here in Illinois, my dd had a 76 mph change and that was with her off arm. Ok so it's Illinois, you know it isn't true so I'll come clean. It was only 70 with her off arm.:cool:

C'mon Man.... Get REAL!!!! Only the politicians can lie that bad in Illinois. Until they get caught and go to jail!!! She can only throw 55 mph... heheheheheh

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Back to original question. If you believe the media, 104mph. Softball Pitching Star Eddie Feigner; Led 'King and His Court'

I hear 116mph. And no I don't believe it. I faced him in an exhibition game in 1982 and he didn't throw any harder than any other top "Majors" pitcher at the time. IMHO I think the hardest throwers all threw in the mid 80's, never over 90 in games. The best I ever saw in my opinion was Mike Piechnik from Canada, and also Darrick or Darren Zack (I can't remember his first name) I never faced. I saw Ty Stofflet but never faced him either. Peter Meredith, the Kiwi, pitched for Larry Miller Toyota in Salt Lake City, and he was a real power pitcher. I was too young to face Hillhouse and only saw him at one tournament. But I wish you could get his opinion on this. On Piechnik I saw 9 pitches and had only three swings; from my shoulder to put the bat back in the rack.

It was Darren Zack. I saw Michael White many times but I thought his speed was normal among the top end. There was a really great pitcher for the Clearwater Bombers back in the '60's and 70's who threw hard, that I saw many times and I can't think of his name, and that was when I was really playing the most.

The bold statement above is simple delusional thinking of an old man.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
The Eddie Feigner speeds come from comparisons to baseball pitches based on reaction time (by people who almost always get the math wrong and always fail to calculate the deceleration differentials of different sized spheres).

-W

Jan 23, 2009
The Eddie Feigner speeds come from comparisons to baseball pitches based on reaction time (by people who almost always get the math wrong and always fail to calculate the deceleration differentials of different sized spheres).

-W

Not to change topic but...

I have never seen anyone provide typical numbers on the deceleration of a softball pitch.
A couple of years ago, Fox had radar in the MLB post-season that showed a typical fastball dropped from say 90 on release to about 82 at the plate.

I'm thinking a softball is about the same (yes bigger surface area, but greater mass probably nets out).

Do you have any numbers on softball pitch deceleration?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad