What is the best tool for video analysis?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2008
+2 on the Casio Exilim cameras. I would imagine you could utilize the software mentioned above to even further slow and analyze the video.

Jan 27, 2010
No cent96, I am aware that this thread is about video analysis programs but I have to ask who the pitcher is in the video? This young lady appears to have the athletic build and size. She looks awfully skilled in her motion.

Jul 4, 2008
Tojo this is a video of my 15 year old DD that I captured recently when she was working on her leg drive. She is 6'0" and 155 lbs.

I also utilize 10 second Telestrator by Power Chalk on my IPhone. It is a free app that allows you to slow down and work with short video segments captured on the camera. I am sure I dont really scratch the surface of what the program is capable of but it allows the user to slow the video and to advance in a frame by frame mode. It also features a telestrator feature for drawing on the video so to speak. Its great for providing instant feedback.

The Casio is amazing for the high speed video. I simply set it on the Auto function and point and shoot. It does not replace my SLR for high quality pictures but it has certainly been worth the price for us.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
Nocents 96, your daughter looks great! I have a casio exilim and somehow with indoor slomo my efforts are too dark to be of good quality but I can't figure out how to fix. Any recommendations?

Jul 26, 2010
She looks really good, Nocents, nice job.

You're lucky! I have a 6'2" 14 year old pitcher on my TB team. . . but she only pitches around 38. She scares the bejeesus out of the opposing team and then she pitches and they're just :confused:

-W

Jul 4, 2008
MandM I really dont have any good advice. I have the same issue but not to the level that it makes the video unusable. I just recorded a test video with only a 60 watt bulb as the lighting source and it was definitely on the verge of too dark to be viewable. I think better/more lighting is the only solution. I have the EX-FH25 and I use the High Speed video setting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01