What’s the smallest and largest tournament you’ve been to?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
I’m curious what’s the lowest # of teams a tournament will run with. (Not a scrimmage- but an actual sanctioned tournament)

Also, what’s the largest you’ve been to?

May 27, 2013
Smallest - 3 teams - indoor tourney at 13U.

Largest - probably D9 in Florida, but that was a showcase. I guess maybe Team NJ or Pennsbury when they did bracket play on Sundays, even though they were showcases.

Jan 20, 2023
The one we were entered in with two other teams just got canceled- so 3 is not the smallest we’ve played in. I think 5 is.

We have not done any huge ones yet but are entered in the Road to the show- so that should be the biggest.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I would think the Sparkler has more teams when you combine all the ages and divisions.
I am thinking the OP is talking about one age division. Of course the Sparkler/Fireworks is the biggest in the country if you combine every bracket. Boulder IDT 18U division has something like 85 teams every year.

When I was looking back at that ASA/USA tourney it was the big boy at the time with no competing nationals. 2010.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I am thinking the OP is talking about one age division. Of course the Sparkler/Fireworks is the biggest in the country if you combine every bracket. Boulder IDT 18U division has something like 85 teams every year.

When I was looking back at that ASA/USA tourney it was the big boy at the time with no competing nationals. 2010.
Good point.

Our largest local USSSA event attracts 72 teams every year, but that's from 10U-18U.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

Here's the link. I found our 3rd place place (10 teams) at the 14U Southern B Nationals. So rinky dink but at the time, was the biggest thing for an All star team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles