weekend tournaments?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Hope you don't have any games this Friday night; we're expecting snow. Nothing that's supposed to stick, but will make for pretty unpleasant conditions.

Thankfully our first game isn't until 3:30 saturday afternoon. But i assume the friday night games will get canceled, pushing everything behind schedule. We'll see. Glad to hear that the snow won't stick. Unfortunately we're going to get a fresh 8 inches of snow today. Depressing.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2012
Joe's is my favorite. Been to AB and Gate's (their x-hot sauce is the sh*t!). This time down we plan on checking out Johnies in Mission; heard good things

it's good for sure....but don't forget "Fiorella's Jack Stack" .....it is simply fantastic BBQ!

Sep 18, 2011
Missing the weekend tournaments!! DD's tb team won't start playing until May...she's counting down the days...

DD's team doesn't play until June 7! All of her teammates are in school ball. We live in a different state (no school ball in Spring), so we look for pickup opportunities, and thankfully there are plenty of opportunities. She'll be in Des Moines consecutive weekends with different teams in different age divisions.

Sep 3, 2009
We won the 18A Kansas City USSSA NIT here in KC last weekend. There were a couple of Iowa Varsity HS teams in in, but they didn't fair very well.....and we play this weekend in the Kansas City 18A ASA Steve McGinnis Annual Memorial Tournament.....we will be in Des Moines on April 11-13, but we play in the 18 OPEN ASA Iowa Challenge, which is at the Des Moines Softball Complex....I hope its a nice facility. We have played in Iowa a few times, but never there....

Your kid must be on Koop's team. We play out at Lone Elm also.

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
... Strange thing about the first tournament in des moines is that it looks like there are a lot of high school teams in the field. It's an 18U USSSA tournament, but half the field is composed of high school teams. Very strange. Anyway, good luck this weekend!

I believe Iowa plays its HS ball in the summer.

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
"My DD played that tournament last year. Great fields, but was freezing cold. Good luck, some good teams there. Played a team from Jersey that was the defending PONY National Champs. They won incase you were wondering LOL."

We weren't there last year. What age group? Usually a well run tournament, hopefully the heavy rain holds off.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32