We should all be thankful....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
for the guys and gals we have on our board who strive to keep us lesser folks pointed down the right path to a good swing for our kids.

Just think, we could have found the stuff below and well...you decide..:rolleyes:

10 Station Fastpitch Rotational Workout

FastPitch program

Jul 26, 2010
Wow, just wow. Maybe they did this to distribute to their competition? Honestly though, there was a time when people thought rotational hitting was the bees knees, so I wonder how old this stuff is.

-W

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
I just want to say....that just because they call it rotational, doesn't necessarily make it good. And I think they just released it. Found it on another softball board...released a few days ago.

Jul 26, 2010
They're endorsing Miken, not the other way around. In other words, Miken may have given them a 5% discount on a few bats in return for their advertising Miken on the website.

That's how endorsements work, not the other way around.

-W

May 21, 2010
Davenport, IA
Um, wow.... Can't really think of anything else to say. Guess the best I could do would be to have my DD "NEVER" watch those videos. Kinda scary what you can find on the internet.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
There are things on thoses videos you can learn from. I am glad you posted them.

Video 6 on the end when she hits off the machine. Why does her ball flight go left with that swing?

She is hitting across the ball.

The video when she is swinging down the rope. How long does the sweet part of her bat stay on the plane of the pitch?
Her sweet spot on the bat stays on for about 2 inches. That is the only window she has to hit it square.Otherwise it is a push to the right or she kills the third base coach.

Does she have a pure circular swing?

Watch video of the posted clips on this site and you will see hitters Load back and swing through the ball.
They achieve bat lag like the video below.

batlag2.jpg

This girl never gets the bat into this position in her swing. I am sure she is a nice girl who is only doing what she was taught.
But the mechanics of her swing is not a high level swing as I view it.

Straightleg

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2008
Does everyone hate the bat on the hips drill? I have and still use that to illustrate that the hips pull the rear foot, not the other way around. I have found it useful with kids who arm swing. (after teaching overhand throw of course:))

Aug 2, 2008
It doesn't do all the work, but the rear foot/toe does initiate the rotation of the hips.

I guess I can see that, and I feel it when I throw or swing. I have avoided the elvis thread, maybe Ill have to read it before I ask any more questions or make any more comments.

thanks

edit; is it the thread called "the move"?

Last edited: