Walk Up Music

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ben

Sep 23, 2019
After 2 years umpiring USA and USSSA girls fast pitch tourneys in Florida I am ready to wear ear plugs. Formerly from NJ with little to no music. In Florida it is out of control. I do limit noise and do stop it for plate conferences, etc. Thoughts?

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
After 2 years umpiring USA and USSSA girls fast pitch tourneys in Florida I am ready to wear ear plugs. Formerly from NJ with little to no music. In Florida it is out of control. I do limit noise and do stop it for plate conferences, etc. Thoughts?

Welcome to the forums!

Quick answer — you have total authority to shut it down. Don’t let anybody, even a tournament director, tell you otherwise.

Longer answer — we have lots of thoughts on it. https://www.discussfastpitch.com/posts/530356

Ben

Sep 23, 2019
Agreed about shutdown. I was once asked to lower noise by opposing team. I did that. Once had a defective machine. I made team shut off for balance of inning and, if not fixed, for balance of game. Lastly I always make sure that walk up music stops when batter puts first foot in box or sooner.