Video on bat path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
When I start to see majority of DD's or DS's posted on this site and other sites 'turning the barrel to the ball forward' then I will agree with your statement. Untill then....
Kids learn to 'turn the barrel forward to the ball'.:p

I get that the action of the barrel being turned (happening) is something we can all see... I tend to fucus on the actions up stream :) That can and will cause it to happen naturally.

Why try to isolate one segment of the sequence?

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I get that the action of the barrel being turned (happening) is something we can all see... I tend to fucus on the actions up stream :) That can and will cause it to happen naturally.

Why try to isolate one segment of the sequence?[/QUOTE]

I don't you keep 'isolating' this one segment. I discuss the whole sequence with my DD.
I tend to focus on the actions up stream
As do I. Lately me and the DD have been working on her hand set and loading with the proper hand set position, which will help DD be in a better position to 'Turn the barrel forward to the ball'.:p
I added that because I'm funny like that.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013

Why try to isolate one segment of the sequence?[/QUOTE]

I don't you keep 'isolating' this one segment. I discuss the whole sequence with my DD.

As do I. Lately me and the DD have been working on her hand set and loading with the proper hand set position, which will help DD be in a better position to 'Turn the barrel forward to the ball'.:p
I added that because I'm funny like that.
Why worry about the hand-set bass? All you need to do is whip it, right? :rolleyes:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Why worry about the hand-set bass? All you need to do is whip it, right? :rolleyes:

Hey it's the sheep herder:p
h89D07FF9

All you need to do is whip it
Yeah, whip it good!

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
FFS, where did I post John's video? You did ! My video and comments where on Ehren and if anyone wants to check you flipped a video of John on here and started that conversation on riseballs, I didn't.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS, where did I post John's video? You did ! My video and comments where on Ehren and if anyone wants to check you flipped a video of John on here and started that conversation on riseballs, I didn't.

SBF, you are digging an even deeper hole.

In the original link you posted the video makes several references to a “riseball”.

At the 2-min mark he speaks of a “riseball”.

At the 2:22 mark he repeats that he is talking about a ‘riseball’.

At the 2:26 mark he again uses the word ‘riseball’ and mentions his belief of the flight path.

At the 2:33 mark he again uses the word ‘riseball’ and states that he believes that the barrel should match his perceived riseball path.

At the 2:38 he refers to a ‘rise’ and tells his demonstrator to stay on plane with a ‘rise’.

Again at the 2:45 mark he uses the word ‘riseball’.

At the 2:51 mark he speaks of “riseball” pitchers.

Please turn up the volume … he’s speaking of a “riseball” when showing the path with the ‘orange’ cord below. Don’t know how he could make it any clearer.

246779s.jpg

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
p.s.

SBF ... I noticed you changed your post from ....

Plus he doesn't mention rise balls anywhere in his video!

to ...

Plus Ehren doesn't mention rise balls anywhere in his video!

Nice try .... but you are now even more incorrect .... both John and Ehren made repeat references to a "riseball" in their videos .... and both have the path of the riseball incorrect. Ehren made even more verbal references to a "riseball".

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish