Tilt/Bat Path/Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Want to hear various approaches to teaching tilt (or not). What controls the tilt? Head, spine, shoulders, lead arm? How much does tilt impact bat path? Are the hands more important for bat path?

Been slow around here 😬

Oct 19, 2017
I am interested in this topic. My DD has a tendency to over-tilt and think she would square up the ball better if she would remain more upright. It’s probably due to issues with her swing mechanics.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Just saying waist and lower back is what needs to be in correct angle as you fire forward... if one uses arms, shoulders and higher half more in trying to get correct tilt, swing mechanics, planes, attack angles, etc would not be as consistent or clean in my opinion pitch to pitch.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Hip sockets. That where the amount of tilt is set. Some start tilted and some fall into their tilt as part of their load. Spine angle is set a hips sockets. Shin tilt and spine tilt should be about the same. I rarely see too much tilt but see less athletic, sloppy posture ( not enough tilt or tilting from the waist) often.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Hip sockets. That where the amount of tilt is set. Some start tilted and some fall into their tilt as part of their load. Spine angle is set a hips sockets. Shin tilt and spine tilt should be about the same. I rarely see too much tilt but see less athletic, sloppy posture ( not enough tilt or tilting from the waist) often.
This! Waist hip area, sorry if I wasn't clear. Thank you.

My daughter when tilt is off, she'll kick her butt out a bit "posture your talking about there", versus tilting properly and gets called out for it when it creeps in.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
When a player powers the swing with rear side/leg, bat path/hands/tilt corrects its self.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I use this once in a while to rotate connected. Back is one blue line, bat is other blue line, rotate in slow motion where bat planes in same angle as shoulders.

SL

Attachments

• swig plane trainer.JPG
    swig plane trainer.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23