verballed - time to switch bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If she isnt doing college til 2017, dont worry about what the college uses. Let her keep using what she wants and feels good with.

Coaches/colleges change manufacturers...it's all about what the offer is, not the product. If there is a more lucrative/beneficial offer out there for the coach, they will take it.

Jun 7, 2013
Actually, this is probably a non-issue. I am certain that your DD can hit well with a Worth or a Xeno. And it's not like it takes two years (2 seconds maybe) to adjust from swinging a Xeno to a Worth.

Congratulations!

Feb 14, 2010
We switched from Xeno to Demarini right after daughter verballed her sophomore year. She was a HUGE Xeno fan but now she wouldn't swing anything but her CF6. The biggest change we made was switching to a 33-25oz end load

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2011
Actually, this is probably a non-issue. I am certain that your DD can hit well with a Worth or a Xeno. And it's not like it takes two years (2 seconds maybe) to adjust from swinging a Xeno to a Worth.

Congratulations!

Anyone can hit about the same with any of the top bats (theoretically). What you are missing is that hitting is sooooooooooooooooooo psychological for SB players. A SB batter that thinks she is dangerous with a bright orange bat WILL be dangerous with a bright orange bat and could very easily stink with a purple bat (even if it was the same bat and they didn't know it was just a new coat of paint!). I would dare to say 90% of SB batters are noticeably affected by their interpretation of how dangerous they are with one specific bat over another.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD has been swinging a Xeno for years, and when I heard that the 2Legit was the latest and greatest bat available I ran out and bought one (thanks Coresoftball20!).....it lasted 4 weeks before my DD broke the off end cap during BP. I tried to glue it back on several times because I did not want to use up my one time warranty replace for an end cap. After 4 failed attempts at finding a glue that would work I sent it back for replacement. DD now uses it for games, but does not use it for BP since we are not sure how durable the replacement is. Bottom line, I would be much happier with the 2Legit if someone else was paying for them and gave my DD a new one every time she broke it!

Sep 18, 2011
Talked to DD today and she wants to give the Worth 2Legit a try, so we're going to go ahead and order one in 30 days (right after her break). I figured there is very little risk given Worth's 30 day guarantee, so if she doesn't like it I'll just buy her another Xeno or LXT. Thanks for all of the responses. I just hope that Worth fixed the 2Legit end cap problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g