Worst Nightmare came true!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I could have never imagined in a million years this would happen. DD is getting to ready to go to the fields to work out with another college teammate. She yells DAD!! What?! Something ate my glove! Huh? She brought me her infield glove and indeed it looks as though rats chewed it up. OMG! Where's your catcher mitt? In my bag in the garage. I dug through her bag and found her mitt. Chewed up worse. Looked like they were making a nest. Most likely during the big freeze last week.

This is a kick in the nuts. One season left in her career and I gotta buy 2 new gloves. I thought I'd have to buy a bat, not gloves. And of course, they didn't touch her Rawlings 1st base mitt!

Where can I get some Wilson A2000 gloves?

glove 2.jpegglove 1.jpeg

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Bummer! My son had his infield glove gnawed on as well, but not as bad as that. His was sitting on a shelf in a small shed.
One more reason to put a couple fabric softener sheets in the bag and change them occasionally.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
@Orange Socks DD has a A2000 that she just replaced.. I've given them away on here before and I'd give this one away. However, there is some damage on it that you might be able to fix.

For whatever reason, she must receive the ball in the exact same spot, the welting has split in the base of the "U" made by your thumb and pointer finger. The split has no effect on the mitt and how it works, but it has exposed the felt. Otherwise the mitt is in great shape. It's one year old.

Let me know.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2015
they ate every place there was sweat residue. Witnessed this with porqupines and axes, hatchets, hammers, door handles, etc., left outdoors in PA.

Oct 4, 2018
Holy crud. So sorry for you and DD. What a drag.

I recently cleaned all my DD's gloves. 4 of them. That took a few hours. Because they were clean and I'm kind of lazy, I just left them inside the house. Perhaps that's my new plan each winter going forward. We definitely have found critters in our garage over the years.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
@Orange Socks DD has a A2000 that she just replaced.. I've given them away on here before and I'd give this one away. However, there is some damage on it that you might be able to fix.

For whatever reason, she must receive the ball in the exact same spot, the welting has split in the base of the "U" made by your thumb and pointer finger. The split has no effect on the mitt and how it works, but it has exposed the felt. Otherwise the mitt is in great shape. It's one year old.

Let me know.
Just DM'd you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13