Bat comparison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Right right right šŸ™„

You know youā€™d buy that Lilā€™ sweetie one!
I have yet to spend more than 200 on a bat although when she outgrows the 32 drop 10 that might change (which, since she is 5ā€™7ā€ now, might have already happened) Got the first Xeno for free and then picked up the next one for 200 on Amazon and then the last one on the LS half price day..Might wait till the next half price day though šŸ˜‚

Seriously though, nothing wrong with a Xeno if she is hitting well with it and hasnā€™t outgrown it yet. OP should try and see if he get his DD to wait till she needs to move up in size to get a Ghost..unless he has money to burn in which case I can DM him my cashapp..

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I have yet to spend more than 200 on a bat although when she outgrows the 32 drop 10 that might change (which, since she is 5ā€™7ā€ now, might have already happened) Got the first Xeno for free and then picked up the next one for 200 on Amazon and then the last one on the LS half price day..Might wait till the next half price day though šŸ˜‚

Seriously though, nothing wrong with a Xeno if she is hitting well with it and hasnā€™t outgrown it yet. OP should try and see if he get his DD to wait till she needs to move up in size to get a Ghost..
Frugal ;)

Youā€™re already wayyy ahead of the game!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
and if I ever feel otherwise all I need to think about is your glove collection and I will feel better so thanks for that!! šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m actually very frugal, really. As far as toys I spend my money on three things onlyā€¦.ball gloves, Spyderco knives, and firearms. The key is I donā€™t buy junk, everything I buy I can easily sell if I need to.

***Except the RV23 in the classified here! :rolleyes: :mad:

Jun 8, 2016
Iā€™m actually very frugal, really. As far as toys I spend my money on three things onlyā€¦.ball gloves, Spyderco knives, and firearms. The key is I donā€™t buy junk, everything I buy I can easily sell if I need to.

***Except the RV23 in the classified here! :rolleyes: :mad:
Just busting your chops..Gotta have some hobby to keep you saneā€¦I bite my nails.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
A few years ago, Xenos were what everyone was chasing. Xenos are still good bats...and 2016 was a good year. The purple is 2014, and that was a GREAT year. Those bats in 33/34" still sell for big money on ebay. Unlike Ghosts, they are durable. You're unlikely to find a significant difference in distance in quality composite bats of the same size, weight, and balance. The difference will show up in how big the "sweet spot" is. The frequency of solid contact is what you should be looking at.

May 18, 2022
I'm slowly working through finding a bat my daughter likes she has a 31/-13 bustos, a '19 LXT 32/-10 and just last week I found her a CF8 33/-10.

Now I just have to get her past how it sounds vs. how it performs/feels. She seems to be stuck on the sound.

Oct 16, 2019
Thanks for all the comments. The Xeno bats we have I think are as good or better than the bats the other girls on her team have. My oldest DD, the one I originally bought the Xeno 32 -11 for, hit very well with it. They are always wanting new. But I think she will just keep working with the Xeno's for awhile.

As far as money to burn...I wish I had that issue LOL But I have yet to pay more than $200 on a bat. The 2020 Xeno I bought off JustBats if I remember correctly - they had it marked down on a special and I jumped on it quick. The 2016 Xeno Plus I bought off my cousin - still in wrapper for $100 - her daughter is playing college ball and for whatever reason didn't need that particular bat. The Plus has been a workhorse and still has the broken glass sound. LOL

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for all the comments. The Xeno bats we have I think are as good or better than the bats the other girls on her team have. My oldest DD, the one I originally bought the Xeno 32 -11 for, hit very well with it. They are always wanting new. But I think she will just keep working with the Xeno's for awhile.

As far as money to burn...I wish I had that issue LOL But I have yet to pay more than $200 on a bat. The 2020 Xeno I bought off JustBats if I remember correctly - they had it marked down on a special and I jumped on it quick. The 2016 Xeno Plus I bought off my cousin - still in wrapper for $100 - her daughter is playing college ball and for whatever reason didn't need that particular bat. The Plus has been a workhorse and still has the broken glass sound. LOL
You and pattar should get together and have a beer, Iā€™ll pay for it, wouldnā€™t want to hear how expensive beer is these days! šŸ˜

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee