Worst Nightmare came true!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I could have never imagined in a million years this would happen. DD is getting to ready to go to the fields to work out with another college teammate. She yells DAD!! What?! Something ate my glove! Huh? She brought me her infield glove and indeed it looks as though rats chewed it up. OMG! Where's your catcher mitt? In my bag in the garage. I dug through her bag and found her mitt. Chewed up worse. Looked like they were making a nest. Most likely during the big freeze last week.

This is a kick in the nuts. One season left in her career and I gotta buy 2 new gloves. I thought I'd have to buy a bat, not gloves. And of course, they didn't touch her Rawlings 1st base mitt!

Where can I get some Wilson A2000 gloves?

View attachment 27161View attachment 27162
Yikes! Chompy!

Hope @erniekru can help!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I could have never imagined in a million years this would happen. DD is getting to ready to go to the fields to work out with another college teammate. She yells DAD!! What?! Something ate my glove! Huh? She brought me her infield glove and indeed it looks as though rats chewed it up. OMG! Where's your catcher mitt? In my bag in the garage. I dug through her bag and found her mitt. Chewed up worse. Looked like they were making a nest. Most likely during the big freeze last week.

This is a kick in the nuts. One season left in her career and I gotta buy 2 new gloves. I thought I'd have to buy a bat, not gloves. And of course, they didn't touch her Rawlings 1st base mitt!

Where can I get some Wilson A2000 gloves?

View attachment 27161View attachment 27162
Give me a call at 631-942-3516. We carry all manner of Wilson and Rawlings gloves/mitts. I'll get you the best deal and get them to you quickly. I am sorry you're going through this.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
That sucks dude! We've experienced it here also and it wasn't confined to just gloves. Ruined catchers gear, helmet padding, etc., as well as other sports gear. One year they completely destroyed the insides of my old, favorite ski boots. Frickin' vermin!!

Also lost a fielders glove to a puppy once, think it was around 12U and a cheaper Rawlings model, made a good chew toy I guess. Yes, we still have the darn dog.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
That sucks dude! We've experienced it here also and it wasn't confined to just gloves. Ruined catchers gear, helmet padding, etc., as well as other sports gear. One year they completely destroyed the insides of my old, favorite ski boots. Frickin' vermin!!

Also lost a fielders glove to a puppy once, think it was around 12U and a cheaper Rawlings model, made a good chew toy I guess. Yes, we still have the darn dog.
Before I actually read the post, and after that split second where I thought it looked like they had been in a fire, that second thought was a dog / puppy!

Jan 8, 2019
Not much more to say than “Ugh!” (I know my words would have been more colorful, though!)
Hope it works out quickly!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
You better hunt every one of those little bastards down, and make it painful!
The Softball Dojo(garage) seems to be a meeting place for all sorts of animals. Mostly possums, squirrels and rats. Learn from my mistakes and bring in your gear when not in use for prolonged periods of time. Kind of like my golf clubs sitting in my office.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478