Backup bat for people using an Easton Ghost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
So far her Ghost Advanced this year has held up wayyyyy better than the blue ghost. About 6,500 swings in, use if for everything but heavy's and machine use. Flexed so damn much, we got paint coming off the zig zags and straight lines that are NOT opening up. Crazy...But yah, we have an aluminum and will be getting another Advanced and rotating as season gets crazy.

Jan 22, 2011
Freshman slapper on DD's HS team is swinging a Power Carbon. Talked to her Dad and he said they went through 3 ghosts in just over a year, so switched to the Power Carbon and are very happy with it. My DD says the PC isn't doesn't have as much pop as the her Ghost, but I think she did fine with it the 2 or 3 games my DW had her swing it when my DW thought the PC was a W*lson product.

Nov 26, 2020
We only use the Ghost Advanced in games and use the Marucci Echo Connect Diamond for everything else. We got a great deal on the Marucci since they weren’t selling. It’s actually more overweight than the ghost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
We always have had a Xeno as a back-up for cold weather (in the 30’s), cold balls and pitching machine balls. I use DFP’s bat database and go find what size/year Xeno most closely replicates the actual weight of whatever size/year Ghost she has. Then go on eBay and find it used. When DD went to a 33/23 GA, I found a nearly (after cleaning) brand new Xeno for $75. DD said swing weight felt almost identical. Barrel feel of course will be different, but DD doesn’t care when it’s in practice.

Generally the Xeno gets used for cold games (low 30’s), cold cage/practice balls, and pitching machine. Otherwise, DD used her GA for everything else.

Her previous Advanced finally started to show some beginning of shark tooth cracking near the inside of the barrel (mis hits!), so it moved to games only….as I’m dumb and lost the receipt.

Now that she’s moved up to a 34/26, finding a used backup for a cheap price was difficult. Lots of 31, 32, & 33 drop 10’s laying around. Not so many 34 -8’s…. But I eventually found something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles