USA Women's National Team Roster Posted

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Do some of the top players not try out? Was thinking Romero of Michigan would be on a team like that.

Congrats to Barnhill of Florida, just a freshman, hasn't even played a real college game yet.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I get the idea that it is more about who you know versus what you can do. To CB's point, given the existing talent pool it seems a bit weak.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2014
Did Romero not try out or did she try out and get cut? Big difference there!

Folks in power need to find a way for the USWNT and NPF to coexist. Both are really important to the sport and its future and right now they are killing each other which just doesn't make any sense at all to me. From my perspective the NPF has done a MUCH better job of late in the PR department. USWNT has got to find a way to get on TV. If you ask my DD, her dream is to play NPF not be on the national team. Of course, all that might change if 2020 actually happens.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Wow... No one over the age of 25 (2012 the oldest graduates)?

Also 3 players across the two teams who haven't played in college yet (though they are obviously talented).

I also see at least 2 players who were not regular starters on their college team last season.

Sep 29, 2014
Did Romero not try out or did she try out and get cut? Big difference there!

Folks in power need to find a way for the USWNT and NPF to coexist. Both are really important to the sport and its future and right now they are killing each other which just doesn't make any sense at all to me. From my perspective the NPF has done a MUCH better job of late in the PR department. USWNT has got to find a way to get on TV. If you ask my DD, her dream is to play NPF not be on the national team. Of course, all that might change if 2020 actually happens.

I think everyone wants to put on the team USA shirt at least once, whether Junior level or Senior level just to have that experience after that I think without the Olympics it is going to be hard to get players to care much. Also not sure that USA softball has endeared itself to many elite players making demands and not really offering much in return (ala the Ricketts debacle)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog