USA qualifier - skill level?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
What's the skill level like at USA qualifiers? Are they usually A level teams competing? We hardly have any USA qualifiers around here so DD has never played in one before

Aug 5, 2022
Depends on your area and if asa is popular. In IL asa has really died and it’s B teams in Indiana it basically doesn’t exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2021
In our area, they are mostly mid to high B teams and a few A's. Not the top of the heap, but not scraping the barrel either.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
Depends on your area and if asa is popular. In IL asa has really died and it’s B teams in Indiana it basically doesn’t exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5-7 years ago was the end of IL ASA/USA. Bunch of 70 year old men who had been doing it for 20/30 years and the game has passed by. No new blood to bring it forward to keep up with the evolution of the game/players/parents. Sad, because when my DD started, we caught the beginning of the decline and it was fun.

May 29, 2015
5-7 years ago was the end of IL ASA/USA. Bunch of 70 year old men who had been doing it for 20/30 years and the game has passed by. No new blood to bring it forward to keep up with the evolution of the game/players/parents. Sad, because when my DD started, we caught the beginning of the decline and it was fun.

What part of IL are you from @warbird ? Just curious because that is what happened here in central IL. There was new blood willing to step in and keep up, but the old-boy network wouldn't give it up. It became stagnant and festered while that new blood went other ways.

I was shocked when I came back to IL. I knew there were issues when I left, but I couldn't believe in that short time they ... well ...

tumblr_mda91vsBEg1qghl49o1_r1_500.gifv

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Next weekend in Evansville
Looking on Tournament USA at here are 8 teams in it. I am familiar with 6 of them and they are all competitive teams. So will be pretty Good competitio.

Indiana is somewhat like Illinois. Older guys in charge didn’t want to give it up, by the time they did, it was all but dead. At one time Indiana had one of the largest team registration numbers in all of the USA system. Not that way any longer unfortunately. Because at it height of popularity it had better teams than all the other ABC affiliation’s have now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619