Underwear requirements?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
One of the questions that I bet I answer the most is "How do I get the clay/mud/grass stain out of white pants?" (A bar of dial soap rubbed on the stain, wash as normal.) Good luck with the girls, their underwear and the whites. :)

Mar 13, 2010
I would mandate under-shorts.

I played netball as a youth and we HAD to wear a specific type and colour of underwear. (I think they're the same as cheer-leaders wear. They're called spankies in America.) My male coach in high school mandated that we had to wear them, and in both high school and on weekends the umpires would check you were wearing them. As in the girls had to lift their skirts to show them. You weren't allowed on the court if you didn't have them on. As younger girls you would just lift your skirt, but as teenagers we were quite good at showing the umpire without completely flashing everyone.

Don't know if they still do that, but it was done until the late 90s in Australia.

Mar 13, 2010
(I don't know what netball is.)

Its simillar to basketball. On a court, though there are seven players and you can't run with the ball. (or bounce it, if you do its a turnover) Here's a YouTube video of England's top league England are third in the world (Australia is 1st and New Zealand is 2nd, though that changes quite a bit) Very dirty game, I'm the cleanest softball player out there, get me on a netball court and I'm there to take everyone out that I can. I blame my U10s coach who taught us all how to take people out without getting caught.

Oct 20, 2009
I would totally stay away from WHITE Pants at all cost for a girls team, especially a 12U or older team. Nothing is more embarrassing for a girl then getting her "Visitor" in white pants when she least expects it. I coach a 10U team and we have a few girls that just turned 11. Per their parents, life changes have already happened, hence the mood swings from time to time. The team moms ensure that WHITE is OUT! They obviously know girls better then most of us men do.

Jun 5, 2010
Wow -- 25 replies and approaching 500 views. Thanks to everybody who contributed their two cents!

Made my decision... [drumroll]... I'm making white sliders a requirement for each player.

Seems like a good solution to the problem.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Wow. I am glad the white pants problem got solved. Have you noticed the post under Equipment where someone needs to get rid of HS uniforms. I would think that many schools could use the pants.

And we learned what netball is. Hey. I would have been all over that as a teenager. I look forward to learning more about it.

I am always amazed at the things I learn every day.

This thread is great! My dd wears compression/sliders for games - white, black, doesn't matter to her. When she played rec ball, there was a girl who was always digging. My dd finally told her if she was going to play softball, either wear compression shorts or boy shorts so whatever was happening in her nether-regions would stop. Needless to say, that girl is now old enough to play on our school ball team. I'm curious to see if she shows up with proper skivies. The school ball team is getting new uniforms and from what I understand, the shorts are white (girls here have never worn pants, so look like they've been beaten after a hard game of sliding!). Thanks, Amy, for posting how to get the stains out....going to pass that around to our folks! :)

Oldest DD's TB and HS both have white pants for one of their uniforms. Mothers all hate them. Dads all say "oh they look so sharp" ~ that is until I made my husband (who helped pick the uniforms) do the cleaning for them. My best trick is to fill a sink (or a bucket) with water and "Iron Out". Let the pants soak over night and then throw them in the washer. Works with white football pants, too. That stuff took stains out that had been there all summer!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves