UAB loss

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2012
Tough call. Had the ball squirted away from the 2B another foot, might be a different story. 2B still had to locate, grab, and make a pretty good throw from her knees. My bet is the coach doesn't sleep very well tonight...or tomorrow...or maybe the next week or so.

Nov 1, 2008
I wouldn't have sent her, it wasn't even close. She was out by a mile. I can understand the desire to score right then and there, but I don't think that was the play to try it on. Now with Bama, UAB, and Lafayette out I guess I'll root for OK.

Mar 11, 2009
If Dallas pitches like she did last night against OK the Devlis might be in trouble. She gave up four solo homers in two innings!

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
GO GATORS!!! I wouldn't have done it, but I'm glad UAB's coach did!!

Dallas Escobedo has an amazing rise ball, but if you can hit it, you'll beat her pretty good. It seems she doesn't have really any other pitch that is as good, so if you take her rise away, she'll throw you a meatball.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
If you're going to be aggressive on the bases you're going to get some runners thrown out. That's an inescapable fact of life. Sometimes you look at it and say "This is our best chance to score" and you go for it. And then you hope for the best. If it works you're a genius, or at least have nerves of steel. If it doesn't, people just shake their heads at how stupid you are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207