Question on showcases and attending coaches.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Good feedback in previous posts!

It could be said there is no such thing as sending out too many emails!
Even if they are going to a college who's not attending you are still letting a college know there's a softball player interested!

Btw, sometimes colleges are saying they will show up and you may never see them. Sometimes it happens they do show up but it's like a Sasquatch sighting. They're not always going to be sitting there making their presence known.

I saw the Michigan coaching staff at the Sparkler last summer in a Subway getting lunch. Never did see them at the fields. :p

May 26, 2022
California
Had my DD's official visit a couple of weeks ago and, while having lunch, the assistant coach's phone kept getting email after email of skills and recruiting videos from players. In the span of a few hours, it was over 160. After watching the coaches do what they do for a living, I can only guess that they have 48 hours in a day to work with. It was crazy the amount of work they do.

May 13, 2023
Had my DD's official visit a couple of weeks ago and, while having lunch, the assistant coach's phone kept getting email after email of skills and recruiting videos from players. In the span of a few hours, it was over 160. After watching the coaches do what they do for a living, I can only guess that they have 48 hours in a day to work with. It was crazy the amount of work they do.
Agree it's a lot! With that...they only have limited time frames of when they can actually specifically talk with players to do recruiting... and most programs heavily rely on producing extra money to help their program through running camps. Which are a necessity!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles