Two Seamers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
so unicorns do exist is baseball, in fact they are thriving. All we need is some softball clips now. The pitching distance in softball really makes visibly identifying breaking pitches difficult for me. I can pick out a drop and rise on TV and a screw because of the release but I have only seen one ball truly curve on video and that is in the Cat clip pitching against Daytona state. I think you need a view right behind the catcher to catch it and that is just not common.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I have only seen one ball truly curve on video and that is in the Cat clip pitching against Daytona state. I think you need a view right behind the catcher to catch it and that is just not common.

Not game speed, but cool to watch! I'd love to spend an hour with this guy:

Jun 19, 2013
So it has taken me the ENTIRE work day to make it through this thread again from beginning to end in between my projects (ok you got me I did skim most of Sluggers posts because I'm already a believer and it was a waste of time to read all of his reasons why it can't or won't work).

This past Sunday we finally had a nice day to get out in the sun and throw outside of a gym and things were all working. She was hitting her spots mostly, feeling good, 110% coachable and we had a catcher other than me. So after she was warmed up I said "hey let's try some 2 seamers! I THINK they are supposed to end up low and away throw some and see what happens" I'm sharing that part because I think it's critical. I told her to expect low and away because I thought that was what I remembered from this post from last fall. So she starts throwing some and I stupidly sat off to the side and just let her and didn't go behind her or the catcher to get any film or see for myself what was happening thinking it would take a few weeks of trying it out to see any difference. After about 4 I said so what do you think? do you see any difference? and she goes "well I think they are all dropping low and inside not outside? is that ok?" which the catcher then confirmed. I sort of thought well she's probably not doing it right, I'll go back this week and find JJ and Riseball's advice and see what she's doing wrong. So to me this is just more confirmation that it works now just like others are saying. I reread all of this and it sounds like generally low and inside is common until we try other grips. She wasn't just thinking ok it's supposed to go down and out like I said and then making that happen somehow by forcing it, or by the catchers perception.

If we can get out Monday with Ken I will try to get some video of 4 seam vs. 2 seam and see if we can all agree to disagree with you know who :)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
So it has taken me the ENTIRE work day to make it through this thread again from beginning to end in between my projects (ok you got me I did skim most of Sluggers posts because I'm already a believer and it was a waste of time to read all of his reasons why it can't or won't work).

If we can get out Monday with Ken I will try to get some video of 4 seam vs. 2 seam and see if we can all agree to disagree with you know who :)

If they got a pitch, they got 2..... A 2 & 4 seam on same pitch. I have DD throw 4 seams on anything you want to cross the plate...rise & change-up. Anything your bending use 2 seams. JMHO :cool:

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
would like to see the spin axis orientation of the 2 seamer riseball's daughter throws with that grip. is the axis tilted with finger pressure to move either in or out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi