Turning the barrel, direction?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2017
Both are snapping the barrel to find the ball. Second one stays behind the ball really well and would square the barrel up... imo...

Yeah - I was being a bit facetious. ...because he is literally hitting the ball with the knob...

The 2nd one doesn't look like would get the barrel on the ball in any way that wouldn't cause a pop up - probably the angle. The first one illustrates the path really well.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
tumblr_pbcz8s5vT41usf292o1_250.gif

This the direction I was posting about, who snaps the barrel in that direction? Show me this in a real swing. I would like to understand it better.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
tumblr_pbcz8s5vT41usf292o1_250.gif

This the direction I was posting about, who snaps the barrel in that direction? Show me this in a real swing. I would like to understand it better.

He is not using his lower body (rear leg) so you can clearly see the barrels initial direction.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
He is not using his lower body (rear leg) so you can clearly see the barrels initial direction.

That was another question I asked, does this snap/supination "combined" with the lowerbody create the barrel path? (which isn't straight back like the clip above). Even with a hitter who starts out with a vertical barrel, the barrel lowers as the swing unfolds (doesn't just snap straight backwards).

May 3, 2014
Nice vids Bass.

Shawn, the rear leg is what brings the hands forward in space and thus the barrel into the hitting zone. The hands tend to stay on the side of the body but the rear legs rotation bring them forward/through. The swing stays on the side of the body.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32