Trunk or Treat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
OK, DGD's team is entered into a Halloween tournament (Scaremare) at the end of the month. It should be a heck of a weekend with 50 teams entered in the 12u group and a fun time with the extracurricular activities that are planned for the girls.

Sat night of the tournament they are having a "Trunk or Treat" contest and I would like to participate. I know the team is doing something but I would like to do this on my own as I live 3 hrs away and will not be able to help them. My only problem is I have no creative ability and no imagination whats so ever.

So I am asking my fellow board members for help. I can decorate the trunk of my car (Honda Crosstour) or one of those pop up tents. I would like it to be as scary as possible without spending an arm and a leg.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, there is a prize of $150 credit to a tournament of choice to the winner, but my main purpose is for all the girls, not only our team, is to have fun, fun, fun!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
build a wooden stick-figure skeleton in the form of someone kneeling with their arm raised in the air. Dress it and stuff the clothes. Tape a HUGE plastic knife to the end of the raised arm. Take a sleeping bag and stuff it. Add a pillow. Set the tent up with the sleeper/sleeping bag/pillow inside on the ground and your mannequinne with the knife hovering over that. Backlight with a powerful flashlight so the scene casts the shadow on the front or side of the tent. If you get a mask and plastic knife, hide, then jump out and surprise everyone and chase the girls...I doubt they'll ever think about going camping again. If you don't, it will still please and be cheap to do as you should have most of this stuff laying around the house already.

A variation of this is if you would play the part of the killer and forget the mannequine. Get a little fake blood throw it around and tie the front flaps open so you can see out. Just make dure to wear a full head mask or at least full face mask/make-up and a hat. Act like your a robot repeatedly stabbing the sleeping bag in the exact same manner. When you draw a crowd, growl/lunge out the flaps at them.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Take the above idea and make your trunk area into a casket. You could use a large cardboard box or build one. Leave the torso area open and close off the legs portion. You could probably drape it with white plastic table clothes or drop clothes. Use pillows to line the plastic. And you need signs that say "RIP."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32