Travel Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Sounds like you have the bases covered as far as keeping drama to a minimum. Can't help with the insurance stuff but someone will.

For fund raising, our girls have done very well with bake sales in front of the local super market. Might have to head to a neighboring town if their market is more populated. We are in rural CA, each time the girls spend a Saturday doing a bake sale they bring in $800- $1000. One of the JV girls on DD's team organized a bake sale two weeks ago for the high school, sadly no varsity players were able to help out. JV raised +$800! The Varsity team is getting a new sound system for the their field!

Mar 13, 2017
Wow! We did a bake sale last year and made a whopping $45... Lol what kind of things do you put in your bake sales

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Mar 13, 2017
Wow! We did a bake sale last
year and made a whopping $45... Lol what kind of things do you put in your bake sales

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Lol canabis laced cupcakes! That should go over so well.

What's a helmet drop?

Cute 8U players in full uniform outside a local grocery store smiling and getting donations placed into the helmet they are holding. No way I walk by without dropping a ten or twenty.

Mar 13, 2017
Cute 8U players in full uniform outside a local grocery store smiling and getting donations placed into the helmet they are holding. No way I walk by without dropping a ten or twenty.
I've never heard or seen anything like that before! Lol very interesting.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I do have one comment about the playing time, since these are 8u girls.

It makes sense that you agree that the 9 girls who worked the hardest get to start.
Even so, especially at that age, you will have a bit of a revolt on your hands unless every girl gets significant playing time, and gets at least some playing time every game. At that age, attrition is a big factor. A lot of these girls won't stay in travel ball. If they ride the pine too much, they likely won't be back next year.

Mar 13, 2017
I do have one comment about the playing time, since these are 8u girls.

It makes sense that you agree that the 9 girls who worked the hardest get to start.
Even so, especially at that age, you will have a bit of a revolt on your hands unless every girl gets significant playing time, and gets at least some playing time every game. At that age, attrition is a big factor. A lot of these girls won't stay in travel ball. If they ride the pine too much, they likely won't be back next year.
We only have 10 girls on our team at this time... So I'm sure it won't be as big of an issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00