Training alone

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I'm trying to sort out a training program for myself. Unfortunately I live 2hrs by car away from the nearest softball facilities, and thus 2hrs drive from most of my teammates. Therefore, when I train, I do it alone. I've been doing tee work, sprint work, conditioning work, some weights, and I have a rebound net. I was just curious to see if anyone had any suggestions of other things I could work on, particularly in the hitting side of things.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Can anyone help you? Someone can toss from the side. Just set a small bucket, or towel in front of the plate - for them to aim for. This same person could roll you slow grounders and you can field the balls and throw it into a net.

Have you thrown the ball up and hit it yourself? I would hit into the net or fence.

If you would send us a video of you hitting off of the tee, we could give you some advice about how to improve. Good luck and keep asking questions.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Throw a tennis ball against a wall really hard and do some reaction fielding drills with it. My dd does that all the time when she is bored at the park or we have meetings there, and she has nothing to do. She has improved her reaction time and her fielding grounders immensely

Oct 25, 2009
Read as many posts on this site as possible with the intent of understanding and applying the various philosophies. Get in on the discussions. Put forward your own theories. Ask some questions. Ask some questions you already know the answers to. Post some theories that you know are wrong—just to see if you really are wrong. You'll be surprised by the responses sometimes.

Trying out the various philosophies will make you better. I'm very serious. This could be really good for you!

PS: Don't let them know you are a kid—they'll treat you like one! May require a different screen name, so you can be anonymous.

Good luck!

Last edited:
First things first- I'm not a kid. I'm 20.
Thanks for the suggestions though.
I don't have anyone to train with because I don't live with my parents and my housemates are not interested in the slightest.
I have trials for a rep team coming up that I really want to do well at. That is why I'm asking this question.

Oct 10, 2011
I see you're from Australia. My DD is driving us crazy because she wants to go there. Maybe we could just send her one way for awhile:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom