tournament peeves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
1. Losers bracket means 7 games on Sunday if the team wins out? Really?
2. Gate fees. Hate 'em.
3. High fences. (I am a photographer)
4. Poor bathroom facilities or not enough blue houses.
5. Uncovered benches.
6. Being pinched for space in warm ups.
7. Cool tournament shirts. (Because now DD will have another one)
8. Not enough parking.
9. Silty/dirty fields. Nothing like being covered in fine dust.
10. Rude coaches.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2013
1) high fences so you can't video (thanks for the reminder Top_Notch)
2) stay to play hotel requirements (just give us the real tourny cost and we'll make our own decision/arrangements)
3) drop dead time limits (never feels good to lose a game where the other team got more outs than you)
4) opposing fans with drums, cowbells or other noisemakers
5) tourney rule changes (usually made with good intentions, often poorly vetted, frequently sources of controversy)

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Mesh wind/dirt screens on the bottom of the fence that you can't see over if sitting in lawn chair or bottom rows of bleachers.
The person who wants to talk to you while your DD is at bat.
Realizing you forgot the sunscreen, seeds, etc. the second you sit down and having to walk 100 miles back to parking lot to get them.
Driving around the huge complexes to find your team because the team manager didn't send out text where team was set up.
Getting no warning from other field that a foul ball is coming over and having it nearly decapitate someones grandma.
Playing final game of season and realizing you have to wait 2 months until you get to see her play again.

Jun 11, 2013
Fields without fences especially on turf.

Looking at the Sunday bracket and seeing your pool has an 80 percent chance of an 8:00 AM Sunday game.

Waking up Monday morning and feeling like you were hit by a truck.

Number 1 are parents who makes their kid who just played 5-6 games and gave everything they had on
each and every play make them feel like they just doomed civilization.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Playing at a facility containing 3 wagon wheels in the middle of nowhere, at least a 20 minute drive to the closest gas station, convenience store, fast food joint, etc. etc. and they only have 4 porta-jons for the entire facility that aren't serviced until the following Monday. Of course, after the first pool play game of the tournament there's no TP because half of it ends up on the floor and by Saturday morning the holding tank is so full and close to the top that your afraid to do either of your businesses.

Paying gate fees then having to go back to get my money back since I have coaches passes but I won't get them until I check in and get my tournament packet.

Having the entire team stand behind the dugout at the end of the previous game waiting for it to end, waiting for the other team to clear out only to have the opposing team walk across the field and steal it out from under us.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Playing at a facility containing 3 wagon wheels in the middle of nowhere, at least a 20 minute drive to the closest gas station, convenience store, fast food joint, etc. etc. and they only have 4 porta-jons for the entire facility that aren't serviced until the following Monday. Of course, after the first pool play game of the tournament there's no TP because half of it ends up on the floor and by Saturday morning the holding tank is so full and close to the top that your afraid to do either of your businesses.

Paying gate fees then having to go back to get my money back since I have coaches passes but I won't get them until I check in and get my tournament packet.

Having the entire team stand behind the dugout at the end of the previous game waiting for it to end, waiting for the other team to clear out only to have the opposing team walk across the field and steal it out from under us.

Have to ask... what were the tournament rules? We had a game where the rules were "team on top of the bracket will occupy 3B dugout", well the 3B dugout was in the sun, while 1B dugout was in the shade, 111 degrees during game time. Opposing team was listed on the top of the bracket. The coach even had the nerve to "move" our parents to the 3B side of the field, then tell us as we are walking up I moved your parents so you can have the 3B dugout. What? Um no, read the rules. We moved our parents back... lol, he wasn't very happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles