tournament peeves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2015
Great list. Two words for you: Pressure Washer. Mine comes out after every tournament nowadays. The white pants that took an hour of scrubbing, 12 hours of soaking, and another hour of scrubbing? Now clean in 5 minutes.

I agree. Mine go to the car wash. Hang them where the mats go. Works like a charm.

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
1. 4 Women's stalls for 6 softball fields and running out of toilet paper by 12pm. Not only do I get to stand in line for 20 minutes to use to restroom but I also get to drip dry or I need to BYOTP. Yes, I now pack my own toilet paper.
2. Parents who park slightly sideways taking up 2 parking spots when parking is already very very limited. Sorry, this absolutely infuriates me.
3. The 10,000 yellow jackets swarming everywhere because the trash isn't removed often. Don't forget the wasp nests that are on all the buildings.
4. Stepping in gum every single time I go to the park wearing new flip flops. It never fails.
5. Fire ants

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
1. 4 Women's stalls for 6 softball fields and running out of toilet paper by 12pm. Not only do I get to stand in line for 20 minutes to use to restroom but I also get to drip dry or I need to BYOTP. Yes, I now pack my own toilet paper.

OMG, me too! I am constantly astounded by these beautiful new complexes that have 4 stalls for a predominantly female sport! We are constantly telling our girls to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate - but they know that they'll have to wait 20 minutes to pee!

Sep 4, 2015
Georgia
2. Parents who park slightly sideways taking up 2 parking spots when parking is already very very limited. Sorry, this absolutely infuriates me.

Or the people with RV's and trailers who take up spaces in the front of the parking lot instead of parking in the back!

Oct 21, 2015
1. The funky smell in my SUV, coming from - what? Where IS that coming from, anyway?
2. Seeds. Seeds in all the places.
3. Turf pellets under the furniture.
4. Quicken questioning my spending habits, "You have spent an excessive amount on Starbucks and Jimmy John's this month." Stop judging me, Quicken. Don't tell me how to live my life!
5. My house looking like it's been ransacked.
6. My dog pouting whenever we leave.
7. Hat hair.
8. My daughter forgetting that she can do other things like read, watch tv, and maybe even pick up a broom or a vacuum.
9. Having cracked skin from scrubbing white uniforms.
10. DEAR GOD WHERE IS THAT SMELL COMING FROM?

Sorry it sounds like my dd may have left her cleats in your Suv

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
1. 2 stalls in the Ladies' room and both are out of TP. By 9 AM sometimes.
2. On a related note, no soap and no mirrors (hey, I know my hair looks like s&^% and you're not helping by not having a mirror).
3. Gate fees when no one mentioned it in advance. Of course, I have no cash.
4. Waiting for a game that's delayed 3 hours while there are open fields (not enough umps hired)
5. Standing back and waiting for the game before ours to end and seeing a lady on the bleachers with lice crawling in her hair. No, I'm not making that up.
6. The Dad sitting at a picnic table at the concession stand for an hour with his butt crack hanging out. I'm not making that up either.
7. The car stinks. DD forgets her thermos and we have to scramble last minute.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
5. Standing back and waiting for the game before ours to end and seeing a lady on the bleachers with lice crawling in her hair. No, I'm not making that up.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Did you tell her? Geez, what about her daughter? THE BATTING HELMETS, THOUGH.

We had a dad from a rival team who clearly had some "personal" issues. He wore cargo shorts, and he would wander through the park itching and scratching somethin' fierce.

I, being the mature adult that I am, promptly dubbed him "Billiards Boy," because I got jokes and "Pocket Pool Papa" didn't have the same ring.

Every time we see him now, we joke about getting him some Gold Bond.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Haha. Here's mine:
1) shade or lack of shade...with games in the blistering hot sun all day, why in the world do they invest in nice bathrooms and concessions but not in bleacher covers?? I can live with lidless toilet seats and cheap flush handles and tables outside under tents for concessions. Sigh.

2) Players/coaches/parents lingering between dugout and bleachers while game is going on.

3) players/coaches/parents taking short cut by walking in front of bleachers to get to their destination...while game going on.

4) coaches yelling at their pitchers "throw strikes!!" "No more balls in dirt" etc. like it helps.

5) dry fields that are not soaked before game.

6) dirty nasty sweaty uniform sliders and socks...especially when DD doesn't pull sick right side out. Omg. Gross. Lol.

That's all I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00