tournament peeves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
A few more.

3. Don't park in a loading zone.

4. If you don't have a handicap plate or placard, don't park in the handicap spots. Even if all the spots are empty.

5. Pick up after yourselves. If your trash blows away, get off your rear end, get it, and throw it in the trash.

6. When recycle bins are available, don't use them for trash. Please recycle for the healthy future of our DDs (and their DDs).

Feb 7, 2013
Ever. Ever. E V E R.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger?

However, DD has played on some nice fields in Huntington Beach, Irvine, Laguna Niguel, Santa Barbara, and even Chino Hills & West Covina (Big League Dreams parks).

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Playing in a college showcase put on by a college with 50+ college coaches and numerous recruiters in attendance. It rains during elimination bracket play flooding.some fields and not others. Instead of cancelling the 10U and 12U bracket play and moving the actual recruitable aged players to those fields, they cancel the 16U and 18U instead. Yep, it happened this past season.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2013
I have one!

Motor homes or other large RV's that take up 6 parking spaces, plus 2 more for tables and chairs when there isn't enough parking in the first place! Grrrrrrr.

Mar 1, 2015
A few more.

3. Don't park in a loading zone.

4. If you don't have a handicap plate or placard, don't park in the handicap spots. Even if all the spots are empty.

5. Pick up after yourselves. If your trash blows away, get off your rear end, get it, and throw it in the trash.

6. When recycle bins are available, don't use them for trash. Please recycle for the healthy future of our DDs (and their DDs).

I am amazed every weekend at how much trash is laying around the park at the end of the day. Absolutely inexcusable.

And I'll also add some:

- when parents from a team leave their tent and/or chairs right in the prime viewing area at a field after their game because "well, we play at this field again in 3 hours so it's just easier to leave it all here." You don't set up camp in what is traditionally the spectator area of a field. Watch your kid, then move along.

- Or when the parents for the next game come and start to completely take over the stands and even though your game still has 20 minutes left. Don't worry when our game is over we will move out of the way and you can get a good spot.

- Parents who let siblings run around like they are on crack on skateboards or scooters, constantly running into people, chairs, coolers, etc and thinking that's alright. I would die if my kid was riding a scooter and ran over someone's grandma who is trying to walk to the bathroom. But I guess I'm in the minority.

- and last, but not least, four fields, 12 teams of girls in and out all day...and two toilets in the women's bathroom.:mad:

Feb 19, 2012
West US
1. 4 Women's stalls for 6 softball fields and running out of toilet paper by 12pm. Not only do I get to stand in line for 20 minutes to use to restroom but I also get to drip dry or I need to BYOTP. Yes, I now pack my own toilet paper.
2. Parents who park slightly sideways taking up 2 parking spots when parking is already very very limited. Sorry, this absolutely infuriates me.
3. The 10,000 yellow jackets swarming everywhere because the trash isn't removed often. Don't forget the wasp nests that are on all the buildings.
4. Stepping in gum every single time I go to the park wearing new flip flops. It never fails.
5. Fire ants

We block off the men's restroom and let the girls use it between games.

Aug 15, 2016
Midwest
- Driving 4+ hours to play the team that is based 15 minutes away from your home field in pool play.

We had this happen to use when DD team went 8 hours away. Our team and 1 other team from our state decided to go to this tournament. Both teams had played each other about 10 times during the season and knew each other well. We get to this tournament that is an 8 hour drive for our house, look at the pool schedule, and find both teams in the same pool. Both coaches complained, but tournament director wouldn't change it. We were the only 2 teams from our state in this tournament.

Sep 6, 2015
Tournaments requiring teams stay at "partner" hotels and paying above market rates for rooms.

May 13, 2012
Tournaments requiring teams stay at "partner" hotels and paying above market rates for rooms.

More of a VB thing in our area. Most parents stubbed up and had coach find tourny that wasn't stay and play. DD just got couple more yrs of SB. Stay and play would get me out it quicker than anything else. I got a real problem being told where to sleep at night.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01