Tips for switching to a National Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Two organizations here in the Midwest going down that same path last couple years. Guess it is natural, but never seems to end well.

I spoke with a parent of kid in one of them. He was on his fourth DD going through TB. Said only people that ever benefit from expansion are those running the org and/or facility owner, but never the players. I don't think he is too far off.
It's all smoke and mirrors. Adding more teams seems to water down and spread out the talent. As a program manager you get more name recognition because your teams are all over the place and you get a bigger pool of players to pull from.

These days there are less organizations represented but the same number of teams in any given tourney. 8 Bomber Teams, 4 Impact Gold, 3 Illusions, 6 Tx Glory, 3 Hotshots, 2 Tx Blaze.

Oct 4, 2018
Sounds like they are going down the road of Impact, more teams more money for the organization.. Florida Impact is basically dead now after adding a bunch of marginal teams and losing a few.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Georgia Impact has some really good teams in Georgia, but has added some really bad ones. It's truly become a "which Impact team are we playing?" thing. One of the new Impact teams in Georgia added 3-4 girls who have been cut from most of the average teams over the years.

Jun 8, 2016
Georgia Impact has some really good teams in Georgia, but has added some really bad ones. It's truly become a "which Impact team are we playing?" thing. One of the new Impact teams in Georgia added 3-4 girls who have been cut from most of the average teams over the years.
Most every org is doing it now so really there is no disadvantage (for the org) as long as your good teams are still really good..It's almost expected at this point that orgs will have garbage teams 🤷‍♂️

Oct 4, 2018
Most every org is doing it now so really there is no disadvantage (for the org) as long as your good teams are still really good..It's almost expected at this point that orgs will have garbage teams 🤷‍♂️

Yeah...

We were on the EC Bullets back when that was almost only really good teams. It quickly went downhill as new teams popped up everywhere (in Georgia at least).

I can't speak at all to other states. Does California/Texas still have any exclusive Orgs where every team is really good? Corona Angels? Batbusters? Beverly Bandits?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah...

We were on the EC Bullets back when that was almost only really good teams. It quickly went downhill as new teams popped up everywhere (in Georgia at least).

I can't speak at all to other states. Does California/Texas still have any exclusive Orgs where every team is really good? Corona Angels? Batbusters? Beverly Bandits?
The Batbusters have teams in NJ and NY, so no. The Corona Angels have teams all over the place, too. And the Bandits have teams in seven states, so I'd say no to them.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
The Batbusters have teams in NJ and NY, so no. The Corona Angels have teams all over the place, too. And the Bandits have teams in seven states, so I'd say no to them.
my DD has played several Bandits teams the past few years, and I've yet to see a single team that isn't top tier. Same thing with Corona Angels, at least across the 08/07 age group.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
my DD has played several Bandits teams the past few years, and I've yet to see a single team that isn't top tier. Same thing with Corona Angels, at least across the 08/07 age group.
I didn't say they weren't good teams. I just answered the question of if they were exclusive to their home state.

May 13, 2023
The organization teams explosion was evident many years back here in calif.
( so many teams within one organization Talent team level is all over the place)
Created ➡️Narrow things down by people following coaches names instead.

Aug 5, 2022

Bandits don’t have teams in 7 states. The teams are simply listed based on the state the coach is from on the website. The teams have players from all over like most high level programs. Bandits have 2 teams per age range…10,11,12 etc. there is one extra team in California that wanted to play PGF that isn’t part of the main organization but other than that Bill maintains control. Illinois chill as only 1 team per age group and has great quality control with Gerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Bandits don’t have teams in 7 states. The teams are simply listed based on the state the coach is from on the website. The teams have players from all over like most high level programs. Bandits have 2 teams per age range…10,11,12 etc. there is one extra team in California that wanted to play PGF that isn’t part of the main organization but other than that Bill maintains control. Illinois chill as only 1 team per age group and has great quality control with Gerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might want to check your own organization's website. According to the site, you have one 8U team, two 10U teams, four 14U teams (one is listed as 13U), three 16U teams, and two 18U teams.

Regardless of the semantics of where the coach lives, the site lists them as being from that state. I am sure they draw more kids from that state if the team is listed in that particular state.

And I never said they weren't good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi