Tips for switching to a National Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
At least she chose the old school Gold as the moniker for her team.

https://extrainningsoftball.com/clu...r-this-peach-state-based-travel-organization/

Yeah... I'm in the "whatever" camp. It's fine. It's her choice. It doesn't matter much.

I'll miss the Vipers brand. I'll miss those cheers. I'll try to sell a bunch of Vipers crap I have.

Stacy did tell us (when she addressed our team) that she called the heads of the other Orgs with Athletics in their names (Athletics Mercado, So Cal Athletics) and kind of asked if they were ok with her using Athletics as well. Their response was "We're pretty stunned you even asked, that was very cool of you. Go ahead, no worries".

Oct 4, 2018
Hmm... sound like So Cal Athletics = Athletics Mercado, Wildcats = USA Athletics = Corona Angels = everyone else that's r/w/b. Geez there's a lot of r/w/b teams

r/w/b is Red, white and black? Or something else.

Athletics will stick to the Vipers colors. Green and gold.

Oct 4, 2018
Super original on the name

She was limited. Wanted to keep the A logo that Atlanta Vipers use, so girls/families didn't have to buy new helmets, new cleats, etc. We'll use the same pants and bags for the most part. Saves a lot of money.

But yeah, with the letter A... I guess we could have been The Avacados.

Feb 15, 2017
She was limited. Wanted to keep the A logo that Atlanta Vipers use, so girls/families didn't have to buy new helmets, new cleats, etc. We'll use the same pants and bags for the most part. Saves a lot of money.

How do the Vipers feel about that?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Aug 3, 2016

I would have gone with the Alpacas

Jul 18, 2022
r/w/b is Red, white and black? Or something else.

Athletics will stick to the Vipers colors. Green and gold.
Red, white and blue :)

Glad to hear they are sticking with the same colors, would've stunk to have to buy all new everything. :rolleyes:

May 27, 2013
As I said, just my opinion. Have been through the process and DD had played on a national team. She committed while on a regional team and lo and behold, coaches come to those as well if they believe you're talented.
If a player knows exactly the type of school they want and those schools attend lesser known showcases, then that’s great and playing for a team that doesn’t travel much may work out for those players.

However, many players don’t know what type of school they want when they first start the recruiting process so they like to have options and cast a wide net. Being on a higher profile team provides that type of player with the exposure they need in order to narrow their decision further down the road. Also, most college coaches, no matter the division, like for their players to play the best competition possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g