Tips for keeping the iPad going in the heat.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I wanted to know if anyone has any tips for keeping them cool enough not to shut down on the hot tourney days. I keep score for us and having it go out can be a pain. I do not miss keeping an actual book at all.

With temps getting close to 90 this weekend I am sure it will overheat at some point.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Yeah, I'm old school. Paper, pencils, and eraser. Tabulate stats between games, enter into spreadsheet after dinner.

Jun 11, 2013
Keep an ice chest handy. Put into chest between innings(don't get wet). Stay in the shade. Have paper ready so you can keep up if it goes out.

Mar 25, 2011
We have some thin ice packs, that are a hard plastic. We have 2 of them, and swap them out on hot days. The packs are thin enough they fit nicely under the ipad flappy cover. Works well.

Feb 3, 2011
Blue ice (packs) work perfectly. You can keep one underneath while using the iPad and it should keep the internal workings cool enough to work all day. Avoid directly sunlight if at all possible, even if you've got a cooler beneath your device.

Jun 18, 2013
I've always found that I am 100 times faster keeping score in an actual book with a pencil than I am with Gamechanger. I never felt comfortable with it and it slowed me down significantly. It was pretty aggravating too because I'm a software engineer so I should be able to handle punching buttons on a tablet but I just couldn't track the game and the app very well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1