Paying for DD to ride the bench....Not My Thing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
And this is exactly what is wrong in the world of youth sports today. Take your daughter and stay at home..........Just wondering, did you tell this to your wife when you were dating her? If you ain’t in the saddle, you are going home??

I keep seeing responses like this but why was the OP obligated to leave his DDs current team for another one, when he knew she wouldn't get playing time and knew she wasn't good enough to get the playing time? Maybe I'm just so tired of seeing parents who DON'T have any perspective about their kid's ability and jump to better teams any chance they get, just so they can post it on Facebook, only to then turn around and complain about playing time that their kid hasn't earned.

Maybe it was a little abrasive but it's kind of refreshing to me.

May 11, 2014
I am amazed at some of these posts, a parent who knows his/hers daughter's ability and is looking out for the best interests of his/her daughter is attacked. What's the old saying about keeping one's mouth shut.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020
And this is exactly what is wrong in the world of youth sports today. Take your daughter and stay at home..........Just wondering, did you tell this to your wife when you were dating her? If you ain’t in the saddle, you are going home??

Wow that was 33 years ago....and I recruited her, and after 30 years of marriage I still enjoy working to keep her on my team.

I had had a few women back in my day that tried to recruit me to their team and yes I would said the same thing to them......I am not spending my money to be on your bench!!!!.

Jun 8, 2016
That's too new school for me, I'm more along the lines of "what you say reflects on your upbringing" school.
Yeah because calling somebody out who in his initial post stated he needed his kid to play every inning (which he then conveniently walked back) must mean that my parents must have me locked me in the basement in my formative years.. ;)

Edit: I don't disagree that being upfront with a coach when discussing a new team is a good idea. For example, if my DD ever decides to move teams, I will tell him/her that I will likely not be attending her games since doing so invokes emotions akin to anticipating the amputation of a limb without the benefit of anesthesia

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Sounds like that is what was said

0c7fd6f0deeae30b9484c6e08a1c3211.jpg

Not to mention he admitted that his DD hasn’t really caught a full game yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi