Paying for DD to ride the bench....Not My Thing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
Not to mention he admitted that his DD hasn’t really caught a full game yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a difference between not catching a full game and not getting on the field at all

I read these forums often and I don't understand why anyone would take their kid to a team and pay to have their child ride the bench as a 6th grader.

Heck I don't understand why parents argue with the coach about play time.........there are hundreds teams find the one that fits your athlete.

I believe you are doing the child a DISSERVICE having them ride the bench in the 6th grade.

Oh and my wife just informed me I been married 32 years and together 35......dog gone it....mess that up.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021
Here’s my experience with this situation. My daughter has been the best on any local team she has been on. Including her first two travel teams. Last fall her travel team kept getting blasted by this specific team. She expressed she wanted to try out for them cause she like the coaching, organization, and overall “swagger” the team carried. Over Christmas she tried out. Was the first direct select of the day. Keep in mind she went from a C team to A/B team. First two tournaments she really didn’t do well at all. Errors, pitching regressed, hitting disappeared. It was exposed to us that she didn’t know how to compete. It was explained before we started playing to not ask the coaches about playing time, that if your kid isn’t playing ask your kid cause she will know. We did that, coach said I don’t like how your warming up, I feel your not all in, and not investing 100% into preparing for the games. We talked to the coach afterwards got the same thing. So then, we went to work. My daughter completely changed her practice schedule, process, and mindset. She has now gained a starting spot, and is back to being one of the top pitchers in her team. Her coaches have praised her over the last month of how much she has grown and improved. I honestly couldn’t be prouder of her. My respect for this staff is through the roof. They never gave up on her, instead, pushed, encouraged, and rewarded hard work and determination. My girl learned how to compete, is gaining a championship mindset you need to thoroughly dominate on the mound. Maybe stick it out, never know what will come of it. We also invested over a grand to join this team too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi